The Yeah Yeah Yeahs by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are a relatively new New York band established in 2000, but their timeless sounds cannot be restricted by any particular decade 's style. They combine punk and whimsy in perfect proportion to create an entirely new sound. The only past band I can even attempt to compare them to is the unorthodox musical heroes: The Runaways. They warped conventions to create music that everyone's darkness could relate to and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs replicate this attitude. Saying this, the band manages to stay away from being associated with a strictly punk genre.

Some songs are anthems of celebration and happiness such as "Maps" and "Dull Life". Still, they possess and edge which makes them interesting and not the norm. "Gold Lion", on the other hand, makes a shout out to classic 90's rock such as the gods of rock Foo Fighters, Nirvana, and Green Day. "Sacrilege" and "Hysteric" completely contrast this by replicating a whimsical Florence and Machine sound injected with hints of rock and roll. Then, there is the one party song that every band, no matter the genre, puts out. In this case, the band wrote "Heads Will Role". It is a techno inspired song that uses modern technology to create a dance anthem.

It isn't often that a band hits all the right notes, literally. But I am glad to say that listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is a true pleasure despite mood or occasion. They don't fit into the walls of any genre while still retaining they're rebellious style, and that is what makes them legendary.