Overexposed by Maroon 5 | Teen Ink

Overexposed by Maroon 5

The album Overexposed by Maroon 5 consists of songs with a catchy beat and fast pace. The first time one listens to it they can never forget the tune of the songs.

The Song “One More Night” is the best known song in the album. It uses percussion in a unique fashion to quicken the pace. Another song that stood out in the album was “Beautiful Goodbye”. It uses a light tune to emphasize the regret in the lyrics.

Maroon 5 originally started in 1994 as Kara’s Flowers. In 1997 they released their first album, “The Fourth World.” They then took a break and regrouped in 2002, becoming Maroon5. In 200 they released their first hit album Songs about Jane. Since then, they have released 3 albums, and their newest, Overexposed, in 2012.

Overexposed consists of strong, well written songs and weak songs. In Sad the singer uses a dreary, whiny voice and does not have the same intense beat used in the other tracks. The song sad is still an well written song, but does not use the right tone to fit the lyrics.
Overexposed is a well written, fast paced album, that is an amazing album compared to others in it genre. It attracts to listeners of all types young to old and boy to girl. It deserves a 5/5 stars.