Suit & Tie by Justin Timberlake

Well, well, well, Justin Timberlake. To our radio waves, you have returned. I only wish it were under better circumstances. With shallow lyrics and a mediocre beat, “Suit & Tie” is definitely not what I would have picked for his big comeback single. I’m not even sure what the song is about. I mean, I get he’s wearing a suit and tie, and I get that for some reason those make him act more than a little cocky, but other than that there is nothing meaning in the song. Unless, that is, you find lyrics like “I be on my suit and tie, s***, tie, s***, tie” meaningful, that’s your prerogative.
Frankly, I expected a lot more from Justin. I kind of liked the horns in the music that gives the song that swing feel, and the way he sings “let me show you a few things” gets stuck in your head, but it’s no where near the caliber you would expect from someone who has as much experience as Timberlake.
While there’s no doubt that JT is an extremely talented person, but if the rest of his album, The 20/20 Experience, is like this song, well, I won’t be purchasing it.