What You Don't See by The Story So Far | Teen Ink

What You Don't See by The Story So Far

By Zebruh7 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Zebruh7 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

The pop-punk band The Story So Far has been off the grid for two years. Their highly anticipated sophomore album, What You Don’t See, was released March 26, 2013. The wait was definitely well worth it.

A more mature, put together sound was created with this album. However, The Story So Far’s distinctive style is still evident. Each track is accompanied with strong lyrics. The lead single “Right Here” deals with getting over a relationship – “ all I really want is so to stay right here, there’s so much more to talk about”. This song is extremely relatable to all listeners.

As the album continues, the songs only intensify. “Small Talk” is an energetic track with a positive message. It states the importance of sticking up for yourself – “I’ll bite back with broken teeth”. A slightly slower song, “The Glass” just adds another encouraging moral with its lyrics – “I made the best of what I thought was impossible”.

The closing track, “Framework”, is the perfect way to complete the album. It’s upbeat with soulful lyrics. Again, the topic of relationships is discussed throughout this song. However the lyrics suggest that a person genuinely cares for another – “however long you’ve gone, I will wait”. This is my favorite song on the album. I feel that looking at relationships in a positive light is rarely done in music, so this song is different.

Overall, I was not disappointed with What You Don’t See. I feel that any The Story So Far fan will appreciate this album. If you enjoy alternative or pop-punk genres of music, this is worth listening to. Also, if you like artists like Man Overboard, Balance and Composure, or The Wonder Years you will most likely enjoy What You Don’t See by The Story So Far.

satellite23 GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio

Prove it.

Nice review! I like TSSF; it's really cool to see an underground band gain popularity among the rock world. I just hope they don't go into mainstream rock...