Lack of a better name by Deadmau5 | Teen Ink

Lack of a better name by Deadmau5

By GhostBoy56 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
GhostBoy56 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Rumors their just spreding like a virus that never stops unless you find a cure to it.

For Lack of a Better Name is the fourth studio album by Canadian house producer deadmau5 (his second mainstream album). This album features more diverse musical tones and lends itself to progressive house. Deadmau5 collaborates with MC Flipside on "Hi Friend!", and with Pendulum's Rob Swire on "Ghosts 'n' Stuff". The album was released on September 22, 2009 in the United States and was released globally on October 5, 2009. Digital copies via Beatport, and the iTunes Store were released in a variety of countries on September 22 with the physical release.

A video for the song "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" was released in August 2009.

"Moar Ghosts 'n' Stuff" contains a voice sample from the film The Brain from Planet Arous; "After I'm gone, your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...". It also contains a sample from the familiar funeral march by Chopin.

An unmixed version, called For Lack of a Better Name: The Extended Mixes was released on October 20, 2009.

"Ghosts 'n' Stuff" is primarily played on contemporary radio stations and it was featured on a promo for the Canadian version of So You Think You Can Dance.

"FML" and "Hi Friend!" are featured on Gossip Girl where deadmau5 appeared as himself.

"Strobe", as well as the track "Cthulhu Sleeps" (from 4×4=12), also went on to appear in an episode of Epic Meal Time, in which deadmau5 also starred.