Avenue Q by Robert Lopez | Teen Ink

Avenue Q by Robert Lopez

January 20, 2013
By NickBottom SILVER, BURKE, Virginia
NickBottom SILVER, BURKE, Virginia
8 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is everything."
-Frank Zappa

"What doesn't kill you makes you stranger."
-Heath Ledger


The Tony Award winning musical, "Avenue Q" is nothing short of riotously funny. An adult-themed parody of "Sesame Street", this musical deals with every problem modern society faces, from bankruptcy and homelessness to homophobia, loose women, not having a boyfriend, and even congress. There is nothing this show does not hilariously mock and parody- the superintendent of the apartments on Avenue Q is former child star, Gary Coleman! There was not a moment of the show I wasn't laughing. Not only is the show itself funny, it is surprisingly well done. There are many beautiful harmonies within the songs, and the music is sophisticated and very pleasing. Some personal favorites include "If You Were Gay", "You Can Be as Loud as the Hell You Want (When You're Making Love)", "Schadenfreude", and the hit showstopper, "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist". "Avenue Q" will make you laugh, cry, and gasp in shock. A definite A+.