"Say It Now" by The Afters | Teen Ink

"Say It Now" by The Afters

November 29, 2012
By greenlover101 PLATINUM, Uxbridge, Massachusetts
greenlover101 PLATINUM, Uxbridge, Massachusetts
25 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"you never know what you got till its gone" "Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never even knew"


“Say It Now”


Has a song ever brought back a thousand memories, good or bad? I have had that happen. The song is called “Say It Now” by The Afters. When I hear that song, I remember all the times I got hurt and suffered through my lost hope. The only thing that got me through was my music. When I went to the hospital, all I wanted was my Ipod and my friends. This song is what I wish I could have said before I went to the hospital. I miss being that happy kid.

There is a line in the song that really gets to me: “If we could only find the words we lost before what we have is gone.” That line says a lot to me because we always regret the things left unsaid. There is often much left unsaid between others. We realize we should have said something when we had the chance, but we didn’t, and then it’s too late.

The chorus makes me feel powerful, like I can do anything: “We gotta say it now, everything we’re keeping inside. Don’t wait, just let your heart speak, don’t waste another heart beat. We’ll never know till we let it out, let it out. Say it, say it now.” This song is my favorite song ever. It says more to me than anyone ever could. I think it also says all the things we wish we were brave enough to say.