A Promise to Burn by Framing Hanley

Based out of Nashville, Tennessee the band formerly known as Embers Fade has been active since 2005 and in that time period, they have shown a tremendous amount of growth and amazing work. Framing Hanley changed their name in tribute to a late, close friend and after covering Lil’ Wayne’s Lollipop in 2007, the band has slowly stepped into a place where they belong. Their second album, entitled “A Promise to Burn” has a different, more mature sound compared to their first “The Moment” that had been released in 2008. On the cover, front man and lead vocalist Kenneth Nixon is wearing a pair of sunglasses with the reflection of the Hollywood sign visible. On one half of Nixon, the cityscape is normal while the other half is in flames. The band really pours their hearts out in this album with beautiful melodies and a different sound that shows how that even with roadblocks, you have to continue on in life. A third album is currently being recorded thanks to the donations of dedicated and devoted fans that had helped the band raise over sixty-thousand dollars. Framing Hanley is a band that I would recommend to anyone that would be willing to give them a try, and I am eagerly awaiting the next step of success that these talented artists put forth.