Covered and original music by Ebony Day | Teen Ink

Covered and original music by Ebony Day

September 15, 2012
By PaigeMathis BRONZE, Oxford, Other
PaigeMathis BRONZE, Oxford, Other
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"All God does it watch us and kill us when we get boring, we must never, ever be boring."


YouTube hit Ebony Day is on the ladder to success as her hard work on the internet world is finally paying off.

Ebony Day is a 19 year old, acoustic Singer/Songwriter from Bournemouth who has struck the online world with her sensational, original videos. Ebony put her first video on YouTube in 2009 and they have been a hit ever since. Ebony says “I put videos on YouTube because I got bored as I was sick for 6 months, so I learned guitar and posted videos online, I was really scared about putting them up, but now I’m so glad I did.”

Since Ebony’s first video she has gained over 126,000 subscribers, 15 million video views and has a dedicated fan base supporting her and her music. She says “The support is amazing! It’s crazy to think I have so many dedicated fans watching my videos. I feel very blessed.” Ebony’s musical journey has been incredible; she has performed at some of the greatest places. Ebony has recently performed at Stoke 2012 Live along side some incredible artists like The Saturdays, Wretch 32 and Rizzle Kicks and she also performed at a festival called ‘ToneFest’ where she performed her original music to the crowd.” I asked “are you nervous before performing on stage or does it feel natural?” and Ebony replied with “I get nervous on the morning of a show but as soon as I arrive at the venue, the nerves disappear. Being nervous is a natural thing; it just shows you’re normal. I see the crowd and I realise that I am so lucky to be doing what I do.” Ebony Day is set to record more music in LA next month and she hopes to be touring after that and if her upcoming music is as good as the music she has already produced, then it’s definitely worth looking out for.


The author's comments:
This article is to inform people about upcoming artists. I will also post an interview I have done with Ebony Day. I hope you like them both.