Country Music by All | Teen Ink

Country Music by All

By LeeAnnaMarie SILVER, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
LeeAnnaMarie SILVER, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little 'extra' - Jimmy Johnson

Not many teenagers listen to country music. Then again some do. The reason I like to listen to it, is because I think the songs tell stories in a way. Also, some artists’ songs relate to people and situations. Like most of Taylor Swift’s songs can relate to teenage girls. Hunter Hayes can relate to younger listeners as well. Then you have artists like Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, and Toby Keith who have been around for a good while. Country songs also can have a lot of meaning. In the wake of the September 11 attacks (9-11), Alan Jackson wrote the song ‘Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning).’ Jackson wanted to write a song that expressed his thoughts and feelings about what had happened. I don’t understand why so many people don’t like country music. There is so much meaning behind some of the songs, but nobody will even give it a chance.

So many people say they 'hate' country music, but no one really cares about it. Country music has so much more meaning than mostly all other music. For example, is there really any meaning behind any Lil Wayne songs? Don't get me wrong, I love Lil Wayne's music, but to me there is no meaning to it. There may be and I just don't see it, but I can almost always see the meaning behind country music songs.

MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia

"It's not too late, it's never too late" -Three Days Grace

That's good

Thank you!

Johnny99 GOLD said...
Johnny99 GOLD, Newport News, Virginia

A rose and a flame, are just the same.

This is very unsightful and inspiring. Good job and keep it up.

Thank you for reading and commenting :) I listen to basically all types of music country just happens to be my favorite. Thanks again for reading. It means a lot :)

Interesting point of veiw. I don't really like country music though. I more rock music than anything. But i still like your writing.

thank you Bassdro  :)

Shnitzal-Face SILVER, Pflugerville, Texas

If you fail to prepare... prepare to fail

I agree with your point of veiw. I listen to country music religiously. Not many people like country music because they think its the old time hick music that hill billies listen to (my opinion). I think all music should get a fair chance, and country music is not given the chance.