The Archandroid by Janelle Monae | Teen Ink

The Archandroid by Janelle Monae

By gusbar3 BRONZE, Forest Lake, Minnesota
gusbar3 BRONZE, Forest Lake, Minnesota

Janelle Monaé: The Archandroid

Janelle Monaé’s The Archandriod was at the top of my Christmas list, so when I finally got it, I was ecstatic. This album was a breath of fresh air, and it’s just not comparable to anything that you might hear on the radio today. A good word to describe this album is original. This album is a continuation of her first EP, Metropolis: the Chase Suite, and tells the love story of Cindy Mayweather; a robot in a futuristic metropolis, and her love interest; Anthony Greendown. When I first hear about what the album was about, I was hesitant to listen because the idea sounded very “out there” to me, but after I did, it quickly became one of my favorite CD’s in my collection. Every song is unique, and range from catchy pop tunes, to funky guitar ballads. Most of the songs are hard to tell where they begin or end too because they fade into each other, which was really interesting. The only song that sounded out of place to me was “Make the Bus” featuring Of Montreal. The song sounded very over-done, and didn’t really fit in among the rest of the album. All in all, one of the best musical experiences I’ve ever had, and Janelle Monae has some amazing talent.