For Emma, Forever Ago by Bon Iver

With songs written and recorded straight out of a solitary cabin in Wisconsin, this "underdog" band released this miracle of an album in 2007. Lead man, Justin Vernon wrote each of the 10 songs alone in his father's cabin after suffering a painstakingly beautiful breakup. Each song tells of heartache and are all full of poetry-esque lines of lyrics that are so powerful and moving that they could toss you across an ocean. The single off the album, "skinny love", tells of a love hanging on by a thread. Everyone goes through breakups, and everyone knows they can be painful. This indie-folk-acoustic mix of one man's pure genius and irresistible emotional venting will leave you breathless and in a frozen state of awe.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

DearBrutus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2012 at 11:52 pm:

This is an unspeakably beautiful album. Everything about every song is incredible. I have absolutely no idea what "Flume" is about but it doesn't matter at all because it's about the mood and the art and not the cut and dry meaning.

Justin Vernon is my hero.