Jonas Brothers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My taste in music is very selective. I prefer older bands, like Switchfoot, Snow Patrol – bands teenagers usually say, “Huh? Who are they?” But even with the Veronicas, the Beatles, and Bob Marley on my iPod, I had to check out the new pop sensation, the Jonas Brothers, when my best friend developed a severe case of OJD (that's Obsessive Jonas Disorder).

She told me they were the perfect boys: wore purity rings, didn't use profanity, and went to church. It seemed the Jonas Brothers were causing an uproar wherever they went. This was definitely worth looking into.

First impressions are everything. When I googled the Jonas Brothers, I found countless pictures of three dark-haired youths, forums started by loyal fans, and songs to listen to. Let's just say, I didn't hear what I expected. I always thought teen pop groups sang shallow rock songs that made girls scream, but these three brothers create an interesting blend of reggae, punk, smooth rock, and even some soulful acoustic music, definitely not what you would expect.

In addition to their unique music, the Jonas Brothers definitely possess the cute factor. Nick, the youngest, has brown curly hair that makes the decibel level in a room go up five notches when he walks in. Joe, the 19-year-old, is the “cute, funny one,” according to close friend Miley Cyrus. Kevin, the oldest at 20, is the guitar genius. Man, that boy can seriously rock out onstage with his ­Gibson.

So, what really draws throngs of teenage fans to these brothers? Their music makes sense. You can relate to the songs and feel what they felt when they wrote them. Also, they truly appreciate fans' dedication, and give back with free concerts and meet-and-greets.

Finally, they have amazing style: what guys you know would wear tight purple jeans?

So check out this new band taking the spotlight. (Their ­album “A Little Bit Longer” was released in August.)

PAPAgotgroove said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 11:04 pm:
well, in my opinion, the jonas brothers are like a popularity contest. I have to say though their tunes are catchy. But are they really different than other teenage-tight-pants-wearing-crooked-smiling-boy-bands?

EmoToboe said...
May 9, 2010 at 1:14 pm:

If you ask me, the Jonas Brothers are more proof that disney and nickelodeon are turning music into a popularity contest, sorry but that's my opinion.

I like deep music, the stuff that toys with your emotion, that pumps you up or brings you down to earth.

Angelina W. replied...
May 9, 2010 at 5:57 pm :
i think the jonas brothers are awesome but their kina on theire own now because nick jonas has his own band and kevin jonas just got married so watever in my opinion the jonas brothers are still cool to me and yes its like a poularity contetst with disney channel and nickelodeon

writingwiz94 replied...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 10:42 am :
I love the Jonas Brothers! They're going on tour this summer, so they really aren't breaking up! =)

ELM522This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:35 pm :
i know, i was terrified when my friend told me they might be breaking up! I love Joe!

mrs2013 replied...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:01 pm :
I agree with EmoToboe. Disney and Nickelodeon are taking actors and actresses and turning them into "singers". Ex: Selena Gomez. Or they take singers and turn them into "actors" Ex: Demi Lovato. I won't listen to any singer that is still involved with Disney/Nick because they have made their music into a contest. And that is not real music. Sorry, just my opinion.

mcpanicfanic said...
Apr. 15, 2010 at 1:03 am:
I am a huge Jonas Brother fan. I dont only listen to pop. I love Guns N Roses and The Smashing Pumpkins and MCR. But these three boys sure know how to make a pop song.

jonas_chic899 said...
hehe ok i kno by now, the jb are getting kinda 'old news' but i still love em!!!! theyre really good ppl n good musicians..in my opinion..their songs can speak to me...nj&a is awesome too....anyway, the jbs are my idols...good article!!

writergirl13 said...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 9:43 pm:
OMG!!! i love the Veronicas!!!!!!!!!!!! if you like them, you should listen to the band Tokyo Hotel, they're German but they have a lot of songs in English.

Savor~the~Moment This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21, 2010 at 9:09 pm:
I used to love the Jonas Brothers. I mean, I went to their concert and bought all of the magazines with them on them, everything. The thing is, when they came out with a third CD, it got a little annoying because by then, Nick was the only one who had a real voice and all of their songs sounded the same. By the way, I love Switchfoot. Just FYI

musiclover123 said...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 10:58 am:
nice article

→BrAx← said...
Mar. 16, 2010 at 9:26 am:
i think the jonas brothers arent good

S-Chique00 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 3, 2010 at 8:05 am :
I'm sorry but apart from crroning shallow rock songs out of tune and making extremly poor-quality covers of great songs, the Jonas Bros. don't really have that much to offer to the world of music. Kevin ISN'T a guitar genius, Nick CAN'T sing like an angel, and Joe just stands on stage posing, as far as I can see. I hate it when people compare them to The Beatles, (one of my favourite bands). There is a fundemental difference between the two; The Beatles were handsome, funny, creative and more, b... (more »)

xobrittyy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 16, 2010 at 8:22 am:
i love the jonas brothers they are my favorite band :) they are all over my room lol good job !!

dreamer759 said...
Mar. 14, 2010 at 3:00 am:
Honestly, the Jonas Brothers are ok, but they aren't all that cute. I don't like them but I have nothing against them and, I have to admit, they're songs are catchy, I don't want them on my iPod.

BasketballChick5 said...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 9:32 pm:
I don't like the Jonas Brothers!!!!I love Nick he is so cute!!!! The other two are not and ones married some on go off by yourself to old to be on Disney!

Courtney<3 said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 3:56 pm:
I love the Jonas Brothers! I've been with them since they started and I'm proud to say I'm 17 and still a fan. For five years I've watched them grow and it amazes me how people still diss them when they haven't even listened to their music. They're not just Disney clones. They work hard and actually write their own music that several people can relate to.
Thank you for this article and for supporting the boys = )

musiclover123 replied...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 10:59 am :
agree with you totally

shes_a_tee_ex_babeh_899 replied...
May 31, 2010 at 6:20 pm :

hee (im just reading over ppl's old comments) nd i agree with u too ^^ nd ive been a fan since i was in 7th gr-8th, n im almost 17 now :] im also very proud of em!! :]]

go JB fans!! haha

monkeyllama95 said...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 8:21 pm:
I agree with kmpoetgirl7.... there are a lot of people that form opinions with out actually ever listening to their music first. Good job on doing your research!