Jonas Brothers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My taste in music is very selective. I prefer older bands, like Switchfoot, Snow Patrol – bands teenagers usually say, “Huh? Who are they?” But even with the Veronicas, the Beatles, and Bob Marley on my iPod, I had to check out the new pop sensation, the Jonas Brothers, when my best friend developed a severe case of OJD (that's Obsessive Jonas Disorder).

She told me they were the perfect boys: wore purity rings, didn't use profanity, and went to church. It seemed the Jonas Brothers were causing an uproar wherever they went. This was definitely worth looking into.

First impressions are everything. When I googled the Jonas Brothers, I found countless pictures of three dark-haired youths, forums started by loyal fans, and songs to listen to. Let's just say, I didn't hear what I expected. I always thought teen pop groups sang shallow rock songs that made girls scream, but these three brothers create an interesting blend of reggae, punk, smooth rock, and even some soulful acoustic music, definitely not what you would expect.

In addition to their unique music, the Jonas Brothers definitely possess the cute factor. Nick, the youngest, has brown curly hair that makes the decibel level in a room go up five notches when he walks in. Joe, the 19-year-old, is the “cute, funny one,” according to close friend Miley Cyrus. Kevin, the oldest at 20, is the guitar genius. Man, that boy can seriously rock out onstage with his ­Gibson.

So, what really draws throngs of teenage fans to these brothers? Their music makes sense. You can relate to the songs and feel what they felt when they wrote them. Also, they truly appreciate fans' dedication, and give back with free concerts and meet-and-greets.

Finally, they have amazing style: what guys you know would wear tight purple jeans?

So check out this new band taking the spotlight. (Their ­album “A Little Bit Longer” was released in August.)

.o0OPieIsAwkwardO0o. said...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 4:40 pm:

Ahem...

Though your article was clearly very well thought out and written...

The Jonas Brothers do not make good music. It's just the same generic garbage pop keeps throwing in our face over and over again expecting us to think just because someone else sings it, it's not the same as some song that was all over the place last week.

They're songs all sound the same

They're cliche, and none of them are very original

And the fandom

Oh, God, the fandom...... (more »)

Silent_Artist replied...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 10:16 am :
Sorry but guitar genious? Well i guess if the same 4 chords over and over again is "Genious"...........

lil reeses1015 said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:37 am:

NICK=HOT ILOVE YOU!! <3

JOE=I HATE YOU CUZ UR A PLAYER

:-(

KEVIN=HAVE FUN WITH UR WIFE!!!!!!!!

Jellie said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:34 am:
I, like the most of the Jonas population, has given up on the band. Their music is now too disney. But Nick's band's music is pretty awesome!!!

k11miza replied...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 12:59 am :
Yeah, Nick's band's still got it

lil boo said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:33 am:
they stink they havent had a hit in like 6 months and there shows are all over bc they stink they have no more fans and i dont even think that they are doing anymore cocerts!!!!!!!!!!!

VirginieCThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i disagree with you, but it's well written

SaMiLoVe97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh my god!!! i loveeee switchfoot and the beatles and bob marley. Chevelle is a favorite too(:. well written(:

sweetcaaroline said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 12:46 pm:
I'm a huge fan of the Jonas Brothers, and I like how this article described them, even though there is so much more that could be said. I think that so many people are caught up in the idea that they are just your ordinary bubblegum pop boy band, but they are not. Listen to their last album. Even better, listen to Nick Jonas and the Administration. If you have an open mind, I think they might surprise you.

ELM522This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 9:27 am:
Ugh! People, commenting is about the article, NOT whether or not you like the Jonas Brothers! And I thought this was well-written! I like Joe, but some reviews I disagree with, yet still think are insightful!

Love2write84 replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 10:08 pm :
I believe that the Jonas Brothers' music is great but I'm not going to go on about how much I like them. I just want to point out that some people don't like them because they are good guys. They don't do drugs, they aren't out getting drunk like some stars end up doing.

Kate1234 said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:33 am:

I completely disagree with this article. The Jonas Brothers are not a unique band- not at all, and you can find many other teenage artists that create commercialised pop music every day, such as the new Justin Bieber and even, on occasion, Miley Cyrus. Others have tried to become a famous 'band', such as the Jonas Brothers, but have failed because they do not have the access to the music industry that this band did. Also, the Jonas Brothers' fan club simply consists of young teenage girls tha... (more »)

shakesbeer replied...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:14 am :
i completely agree jonas brothers being soulful is laughable at best 

cmcampbell This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 6:46 pm :
Thank you! Okay, so i thought that this articke was extremely well written, however, I strongly agree with Kate1234! The Jonas Brothers used computerized sounds to spound relatively passable. Their instrumentals dont even scratch the surface of musicianship. And their sense of style is just about as bad as it gets! The reason no one knows boys who wear tight purple jeans is because it is extraordinarily unfashionable and not to mention unhealthy! If the Jonas Brothers were so in-tune with everyt... (more »)

ilovekanamekuran replied...
Sept. 16, 2010 at 1:18 pm :
I have nothing against the jonas brothers nor the people who like them. But Im under the very firm impression they have no talent in music. Sure, the kevin dude knows how to play guitar, but so do millions of other people. Nothing special there. If you want something special in guitar look up van halen. Also, Joe, the singing kid sounds screechy and whiny, and almost in pain at times. I personally find them rather pathetic. 

ShelbyMarie93 replied...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 3:30 pm :
Wow...when did this turn into a hate-session for the Jonas Brothers? This writer was simply giving their own personal review of the Jonas Brothers, and I agree with him. I am not ashamed to say that I am a fan of the Jonas Brothers. And to all of you hating on them, you're probably just jealous. When was the last time you had a concert sell out? Hmm? oh that's right, NEVER. Just saying...

Liz891 said...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:56 pm:
I think that there are a few Jonas Brother songs that I can actually call good. There are still some songs that I can't listen to or my ears will bleed.

ellepineapple replied...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 4:07 am :
I totally agree with you. I don't like the jonas brothers at all but some of their songs r good. But my ears will bleed too.

skittles said...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 4:20 pm:
in my opinion i reaaly hate them and think they are so 2 years ago. Who agrees with me????????????????

ELM522This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:34 pm :
loyal fans love groups even when others don't.

Jul. 22, 2010 at 6:49 pm :
they were over before they started! ;D