Discovery by Daft Punik | Teen Ink

Discovery by Daft Punik

One of their most famous albums, Discovery is also one of their best. The duo of Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo have evolved from the house music of their 1997 hit album Homework and are now more synthpop. The album starts off with the chart-topping club hit "One More Time", which is very superficially happy until the middle, where guest artist Romanthony sings the lyrics with very little background, which make for a very deep and emotional section of the song. The next song, '"Aerodynamic", even though it is an instrumental, is extremely memorable song, especially with the guitar solo. "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger", arguably the most famous and popular song on the album, is hard and mechanical, yet strangely human and deep. However, after this the album starts to turn downward, with many of the songs, including "Crescendolls" and "Veridis Quo" being monotonous and boring. However, towards the end of the album, there is a bright spot with the song "Face to Face". This fast-paced song topped the club charts as a single, and is very upbeat and energizing. Despite its occasional repetitiveness of the song title, as is with most house music, the song actually does have some verses, and depth. Unfortunately, the album ends on a low note, with the song "Too Long". This song is over ten minutes long, and is incredibly boring and repetitive, simply repeating "too long, can you feel it", in different rhythms. It is almost impossible to listen to the entire song, and it isn't even a good club song to dance to.

LadyWisdom98 said...
Not criticizing. Just curious. Did anyone even hear from Daft Punk after 2000?