Beyond Hell/Above Heaven by Volbeat | Teen Ink

Beyond Hell/Above Heaven by Volbeat

By GhostRider16 GOLD, Poplar Bluff, Missouri
GhostRider16 GOLD, Poplar Bluff, Missouri

"We must instigate the revolt, down with the System!" ~ System of a Down (Tankian, Malakian, Odadjian, Dolmayan)

It might seem odd that my favorite band of all time hails from Denmark, but it is so. You may have never heard of Volbeat, but once you listen to one of their songs, you will be hooked, just as I was when my Uncle Matt
played "Sad Man's Tongue" in his car.

Soon afterwards I bought my first Volbeat CD, Rock the Rebel/Metal the Devil. To this day I do not regret paying that fifteen bucks for the CD. Recently I purchased one of their newest CDs, Beyond Hell/Above Heaven, and it is now my favorite album.

While they are by description a "metal" band, some of their songs are hardly metal at all. Songs like "Fallen", "Being 1", and "Magic Zone" are dedicated to loved ones, and are a far cry from some of their other, heavier songs, such as "A Warrior's Call", "Who They Are", and "Evelyn", which is probably the heaviest and loudest of them all.

The cool thing about Volbeat is that they have songs for just about anyone. Looking for a heart-filled songs dedicated to loved ones? Try "Fallen", "Magic Zone" and "Being 1". Have a craving for some heavier, albeit strange lyrics? Try "The Mirror and the Ripper", "16 Dollars", and "Who They Are".

It's easy for me to say that Volbeat is my number one favorite band, and you can be assured that, once you listen to Volbeat, you will become a faithful follower as well.