Blue Slide Park by Mac Miller This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

An up-and-coming hip hop artist from Pittsburgh, Mac Miller has finally graduated from high school mix tapes and released his highly anticipated freshman album, “Blue Slide Park.” The album features hit singles “Smile Back” and “Frick Park Market.” The tracks are unlike anything Miller has produced, at the same time staying true to his authentic style. Miller, who is famous for his remixes, has put together a set of original beats and ill rhymes to create a truly dope album.

As a die-hard fan, I recently attended one of Miller's first concerts for the “Blue Slide Park” tour, which provided me with a pleasant taste of the album.

“Blue Slide Park” itself is a leitmotif within the album, as it reoccurs in many of the tracks. It's an actual park in Pittsburgh, where Miller grew up. Miller begins by reflecting on his newfound fame with his ever-present cocky attitude in “Blue Slide Park,” “PA Nights,” and “My Team.” Partying it up with “Party on Fifth Ave.” and “Up All Night,” Miller applies catchy, upbeat tunes to his slick rhymes. He then drops the beat and switches to deeper, meaningful songs like “Diamonds & Gold” and “Missed Calls.”

On “Park Bench Chillin',” Miller claims that you are “Never too old to be chillin' at the playground.” Likewise, this album can be enjoyed by any free-loving soul.

This album has already reached the number-one spot on iTunes. Mac Miller is becoming a household name, and fans will not be disappointed, as they can expect instant captivation from his premiere album. Thumbs up!

ShadowpomgurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12, 2013 at 7:45 pm:
Heehee Mac Miller rocks!

musicalmolly said...
Very nice review! I like Mac Miller as well, and I thought you did a very nice job of conveying his work in your review. I really love this album as well. Very nice job, and keep up the great work!

imnotstupidjustcrazy said...
It was really good. I didn't even know who Mac Miller was until I read your article. I listened to a few songs and know i can't stop. Amazing Writing!

publicdomainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great review and I love this album. Mac Miller is awesome.

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like the voice throughout the piece. It makes it very lively and exciting to read through, even though I'm not a huge fan of rap or hip-hop. I enjoyed your word choice, too...no grammar mistakes or misspellings or any of that nonsense! Good luck and keep writing!

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 8:13 pm :
Like Fayrouz, I also enjoyed you voice in this piece. It was like a normal - or in other words, professional - review, keeping the reader interested about Mac Miller and his music. It also wasn't too long, but still explained the album well, as I am the kind of person who, when reading a review, wants to know whether or not I'll like the album with just reading a few paragraphs. (I mean, if it's really lengthy, I might as well just listen to the album on iTunes or YouTube). Also, there was only ... (more »)