4U EP and Coast to Coast EP by Cody Simpson | Teen Ink

4U EP and Coast to Coast EP by Cody Simpson

By Mickie1234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Mickie1234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"People are always telling me that i'm not like other girls...that i dont dress like other girls...that i dont act like other girls. But i'm my OWN person...i go to the beat of my own drum."
— Miley Cyrus

In 2009 a 12 year old by the name of Cody Simpson from Gold Coast, Australia began posting videos of himself singing songs like "cry me a river", "I want you back", and "I'm yours" along with his own two songs "One" and Perfect". He began after posting these videos after a a school talent show where him and a girl performed together and everyone loved his voice. A few months later songwriter and producer Shawn Campbell discovered the 12 year old Aussie and wanted to meet him. then in April of 2010 he signed with Atlantic Records and released his first single "iYiYiY" ft. Flo Rida. Him and his family(mom, dad, younger sister Alli, and younger brother Tom) moved to L.A. Now in 2011 the young Aussie has released his 4U EP, been on tour with Greyson Chance, is currently on his Coast to Coast tour, and on September 20th is releasing his 2nd album all in ONE year!

I am a fan of Cody Simpson but not just because of his looks, songs, or voice. It's mostly because he didn't ask for the fame like most people he just got lucky. He didn't post the video of him at his school talent show somebody else did and when he saw that what he loved to do made others happy he continued to post videos and that's when fame found him. 143 Cody<3