Who You Are by Jessie J

Half-artist, half therapist, Jessie J will be a shining star in her lifetime. Released on February 2011, her debut studio album, “Who You Are,” hit the world in no time at all.

“Who You Are” contains four brilliant singles: “Do It Like A Dude” is a peek in a hardcore life; “Price Tag,” featuring B.O.B., is a stand against money and materialism; “Nobody’s Perfect” is a confession of someone about her imperfections; and “Who’s Laughing Now” is a blow to bullies.

The album title track, “Who You Are,” is as well one of the songs that would quench your thirst for inspirational music. With Jessie J’s impressive vocal talent, it’s no wonder how she brought out the song’s message: Be true to yourself and to others; there’s nothing wrong with who you are.

If you are a person who wants meaningful and relatable music, then “Who You Are” is undoubtedly for you.

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 12:47 am

Fantastic review!

I loved how you took the time to explain everything and give a detailed account without making it painstakingly long to read.Reading it makes me want to go buy the songs like right now. Great job!

FreedomIsMyVirtue replied...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 3:56 am
Thansk for taking some time to review this article. It means a lot to me. :)))

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 7, 2011 at 2:48 am
I love Jesse J and I'm so glad you wrote this article. There should always be a message behind good music (in my opinion). You kept this article short and concise, and I was able to grasp what you were saying very well. Good job:)

Mystiecub said...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 8:31 am
I love it when I find certain music artists who sing about things like that. Then again, I'll listen to ANYTHING, so you can imagine I listen to the negative things too, but its people like Jessie J, K.T. Tunstall and Taylor Swift that really bring out the true meaning of music.