Duran Duran's "Rio" by Duran Duran

Take a blast from the past and listen to Duran Duran’s second album! Though the group is virtually unknown to teens now, this doesn’t mean that “Rio” isn’t worth listening to. In fact the album which was released in 1982, is one of Duran Duran’s biggest albums, as it scored them three of their largest hits, “Rio”, “Save a Prayer” and “Hungry like the Wolf” off the remixed U.S. version, And went No.2 in U.K. the same year it was released. The album was a huge success for band members Simon LeBon, Roger Taylor, Andy Taylor, John Taylor and Nick Rhodes as it gave them more international attention and launched Duran Duran into being one of the most popular bands for the rest of the 1980’s. This album in my opinion gets a five star rating as the album has a fun, mind –boggling and mysterious content to it that is very appealing. So, take a blast from the past and listen to Duran Duran’s “Rio” you just might find that you like it!
Sources:
1. ”Legends of Rock”, Ernesto Assante, Fall River Press,2007
2. Daryl Easlea, “Duran Duran “Rio” two disc Collector’s edition”

LadyRose said...
It's a great album to listen to from start to finish, and you won't waste your money buying it !

Ethereal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 25, 2011 at 6:54 am
great review, I've never heard of it but you make me want to!

Sparkora said...
Yeah, I love Rio!! You aren't the only one. :) I sing it on SingStar 80's all the time:) (A karaoke video game)

LadyRose replied...
That's really cool! I own a lot of Duran Duran albums, and "Rio" was one of the very first songs I heard by them.

Macguyver said...
Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:04 am
What a great review of a really cool album!

LadyRose replied...
Thanks for commenting. I really enjoy Duran Duran's music and It's nice to see someone else likes this album as well.

Duranfan2 replied...
Dec. 5, 2011 at 6:32 am
You write very well. I enjoy your style, and I hope that you will continue to submit more of your work. You show great promise for a young writer!

LadyRose replied...
Thank you for the compliment! I have another music review about the Duran Duran spinoff group Arcadia, that hasn't quite made it onto the teenink website just yet, and I plan on submitting much more to teenink in the future, so be on the look-out!

Duranfan2 replied...
Outstanding! I look forward to reading your next review. Keep up the good work.