When the Sun Goes Down by Selena Gomez This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

No doubt the biggest teenage superstar at the moment is Disney darling Selena Gomez. Starting off as the lead role in the hit show, Wizards Of Waverly Place, Gomez has ventured out of her comfort zone into both music and movies. After her hugely successful sophomore album A Year Without Rain, Selena Gomez is back and better than ever with a brand new pop album set to rival her pop world counterparts. When the Sun Goes Down is Selena's most mature album yet as each track is filled with dance-heavy beats and defining chorus lines that will be stuck in your head long after the song has ended.

When I first heard Selena's new album, I was pleasantly surprised because although her music was the same genre as her previous albums, her songs seemed to be much more mature and deep in its meaning. It was clear that I was listening to Selena the pop star, not Selena the girl who sings, dances, and acts.

Following the trend of recent empowerment anthems along the likes of Lady Gaga’s, Born This Way, and Katy Perry’s, Fireworks, Selena’s lead single Who Says, has been a breakout smash as it's already hit the top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100.

I have no doubt that Selena will solidify herself as a serious musical act in the entertainment industry with this album.