Twilight Soundtrack by Various Artists

Forget what you have heard, seen or read about Twilight, the soundtrack has nothing to do with the movies or books. It could very easily stand alone, and is one of the best soundtracks to come out in the past five years.

There are twelve tracks on the soundtrack, about half are fairly known artists, and the other half are fresh new artists. The album is alternative rock with a few classical folk in there, with plenty of upbeat tracks that you can easily dance along to.

The best songs are:
Supermassive Black Hole, Muse.
And,
Never Think, Rob Pattinson. (Believe me I'm as surprised as you are.)
Without thinking about the artist Never Think by Robert Pattinson could most definitely pass as a Nick Drake song. I never thought I would say that about any artist, but in his case it is true. In my opinion he should quit acting and pursue a career in singing songwriting.
As for Muse I expected nothing less than great. Shocking as it may seem, Muse is not a new band; they formed in the early 1990s, and released their first album, Showbiz, in 1999. They have five albums altogether, and are one of the best bands around. They recently became popular because they performed at the Grammy's and because Matthew Bellamy (The lead singer) is in a relationship with Kate Hudson.

The complete track listing is:
1.Supermassive Black Hole, Muse
2.Decode, Paramore
3.Full Moon, Black Ghosts
4.Leave out All the Rest, Linkin Park
5.Spotlight, Mutemath
6.Go All The Way, Perry Farrell
7.Tremble For My Beloved,Collective Soul
8.I Caught Myself, Paramore
9.Eyes On Fire, Blue Foundation
10.Never Think, Rob Pattinson
11.Flightless Bird, American Mouth, Iron & Wine
12.Bell's Lullaby, Carter Burwell

It doesn't matter if you are a fan of the Twilight franchise, or like me pretend they do not exist; take a chance on this soundtrack, even if you only like one song its worth it.

KCayla said...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 10:40 am:
I have the soundtrack and I love all of the songs. I'm surprised that they did not include the song that is playing at the end when Victoria is shown coming down the stairs and the scene is going into the credits with the pics of the characters and the actors names.

PointOfNoReturn said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:24 pm:
Decode and Bella's lulluby fit very well I think

EmptySoul replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:54 pm :
I agree, Decode by Paramore is their best song. No matter what I do I can't get into their other songs. I think their very cool though.

EmptySoul replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:55 pm :
Thanks for commiting!