Super Bass by Nicki Minaj

Want some catchy sing while you are having a falling-in-love feeling? Then, Super Bass, a song/video from the Trinidadian singer, Nicki Minaj, is for you!

I really like the positivity of the song and the catchy “boom, baboom, boom, boom, baboom, boom, bass.” Another plus point that the song got from me was that it was fun and easy to dance with it. The song has a happy beat and it describes one girl’s feelings for the boy she admires. The song is so good and I just can’t stop listening to it – I am listening to it while I am typing this review and I would probably stop listening to it when my laptop dies.

Another thing that flatters me was the colorful and happy video. It wasn’t the emo type videos of black. I don’t hate the color black but black is, definitely, not the only color in the world. The choreography for the chorus part of the song is a good thing for me. The Harajuku Barbie doesn’t look trying hard in the choreography, which is so “wow!” If there is one thing I didn’t like in the video, it’s the last part where women are lap dancing men. I don’t like it not because of the sexual appearance but because it was the ending and it’s dark. It was like, “I was colorful but in the end, I’m dark. I was happy now I’m not.”

But over-all, the song and the video are both good – and I can’t get it out of my head.

CautionwetPaint said...
This is great review! Too bad I disagree with you . . .

O.Riet said...

Thank you Tasha!! This review was perfact!! My budie (a Minaj fan btw) and I actually looked up the vid after we read this artical.  She is one fast rapper!!! Kinda makes me wonder what her favorite color is, though. . . PINK! haha

Funny, though how different people have different opinions.  The part you said was your least favorite part was my fav part. Not the lap dancing, yuck, but the change in attitude, and all the glow in the dark stuff. (awesome! I'm, like akmost obses... (more »)

O.Riet replied...
Sorry it posted twice. I don't know why it does that.

FreedomIsMyVirtue replied...
No worries, double posting comments happen almost everytime. Anyway, I don't know her favorite color but maybe, yes, it's Pink. You know, her album is called Pink Friday so who knows? Anyway, thanks for commenting...

4everyoung15 said...

I have to agree Niki Minaj is awsum! i luv her music