Lonely Avenue by Ben Folds with Nick Hornby

What do you get when you cross one of the planets greatest composers with one of the worlds best writers? Lonely Avenue. For this incredible new album, the brilliant Ben Folds paired with the witty Nick Hornby to create something truly special and memorable. Ben Folds, who is himself a brilliant lyricist, took a back seat to Nick for the writing, who came up with eleven of the most beautiful songs that I have ever heard. Then, Ben Folds put music to Hornby’s words, and magic happened. Each track is completely unique and enjoyable in its own way. From the solemn “Picture window” to the up beat and fun “Saskia Hamilton” there is something in this CD for everyone. The only thing I can recommend more than the CD itself are the men behind it, who are two of the best at what they do. If you haven’t picked this album yet, do so immediately.

MyKonstantine34 said...
I've loved this band ever since I can remember. Kudos to you for an awesome review.

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 8:37 am
Thank you and Ben Folds is the best thing ever!