Album: Going Out In Style by Dropkick Murphys | Teen Ink

Album: Going Out In Style by Dropkick Murphys

By leahoconnor BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
leahoconnor BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

The Dropkick Murphys originated in 1996 in a friend’s barbershop basement in Quincy, Massachusetts. They are an Irish-Punk band, a mix between the Real McKenzies and Flogging Molly: two more Irish-Punk bands. The band performs in the Boston, Massachusetts every St.Patrick’s day as a way to celebrate and remember their Irish roots. Their concerts are always sold out. The Dropkick Murphys are legend for their insane concerts; for the majority of the time, you must be at least 21 in order to attend one of their shows. Over the years, the band has had 7 completed albums, as well as 3 live albums released. These include The Gang’s All Here, Do or Die, and Live on St.Patrick’s Day. Going Out In Style has 13 tracks which consists of songs such as ‘Going Out In Style’, ‘Deeds Not Words’, and ‘1953’.
Personally, I enjoy this band, especially this CD. It has great beats which makes it simple to dance and sing along with. ‘Going Out In Style’ is an overall excellent disk. The songs are each just as brilliant as the next; if you take pleasure in this band such as I do. The only downfall to this album I would have to say would be that the beat is kept basically consistent throughout most of the songs. Other than that, this CD is defiantly in my top 5 favorites. If you enjoy this band such as I do, you might think about listening to Flogging Molly: very similar music with beats, instruments, and lyrics.