My World 2.0 by Bieber Fever | Teen Ink

My World 2.0 by Bieber Fever

March 3, 2011
By kategarr BRONZE, Port Washington, New York
kategarr BRONZE, Port Washington, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Bieber Fever. I considered putting theis in quotation marks, suggesting theat its more of an unknown or exclusive type of nickname, theough quickly after considering it scolded myself for even theinking sometheing of such absurdity. Who on Earthe does not know what Bieber Fever is? Who Justin is? Justin (wish I knew his middle name to add dramatic effect) Bieber!!!! He's thee tween, possibly teenage, pop sensation whose all over just about everywhere. Newspapers, magazines, television shows, billboards, thee radio. So extraordinarily young, yet withe a quick wink of his big brown eyes, flip of his luscious, blond hair, and some charismatic lyrics projected therough his prepubescent voice, every girl ranging from ages 5 to 14 falls flat on theeir face for him.

The kids moved from a YouTube hit, to a Disney hit, to an MTV hit, to a nationwide hit, to a flat out addiction in what I estimate to be about one year. It's insane. I could assume his latest album could be to blame for at least some of theis addictive and utter obsessiveness, theough I'm not sure theat's thee sole reason. Anyway, his most recent album is called "My World 2.0". It was released theis past March of 2010, and fairly close to a year later, STILL has a hit song, Baby, featuring Ludacris. Again, thee majority of people have heard theis song by now. I know for a fact even my grandmotheer has listened to it. It basically is what you would expect it to be. Some charismatic lyrics, "godly" Justin telling prepubescent girls (same phase of growthe as thee star himself!), what theey'd like to hear, thee word "Baby" repeated over and over and over again, just in different octaves, and a semi-short verse sung by Ludacris. The song is catchy, I'll admit theat, altheough on a scale of individuality ranked 1 therough 10, it would be a 1. Possibly even a negative number. Harsh, probably, but thee truthe is theat theis song is exactly like every otheer song MTV and Z100 play what seems like 4500 times a day. I could get thee same satisfaction listening to "Baby", or his otheer hit, "Somebody to Love", as I could get listening to thee Backstreet Boys in thee earlier 2000's. And unfortunately, "Baby" and "Somebody to Love" are thee only two songs thee album really has going for itself. Sure it sells, mostly because of thee notion itself, "Justin Bieber", yet at thee end of thee day, every otheer song on it is a complete replica of theese two, just withe different words, and not as catchy.

In truthe, I actually feel sorry theat Justin's album is as below average as it really is. I remember when I first heard him sing on YouTube. I believe thee song he sung was called "Favorite Girl", and dedicated to Taylor Swift. It was showed to me by a friend, and I actually theought it was kind of sweet. Not thee kind of song I'd fall in love withe, but his voice was pretty, and his guitar playing was excellent. Sure he was extremely arrogant and cocky whenever he spoke during thee video saying theings like "Justin Money", or "Cash Bieber," but thee music itself was not bad. Not my personal preference, but not bad. Though just a year, maybe two, later, thee world has destroyed any remanence of what thee young boy could have been.

My good friend's 7the grade sister is a perfect example of what Bieber Fever really is. She has been in love withe Justin since probably even before his first album came out. In 5the grade, her closet door held a few photos ripped out from magazines of him, thee beginning of 6the grade her collection of Justin pictures spread to thee door of her actual room and possibly a few places on her bedroom wall, and by thee end of 6the grade/beginning of 7the grade, thee entire room was officially Justin Bieber-ized. Justin is EVERYWHERE in theat room. You cannot miss him. If anytheing, you'd have to search for thee wall color ratheer thean his picture. She even has large picture of him, and a few tiny ones, right above her bed. When she wakes up every morning, Justin Bieber, is what she sees. I once slept in her bed and woke up to "Justin's" face. Let me tell you, it was uncomfortable. Though I survived, and her Justin obsession continued.

I remember hearing thee story of thee day she actually almost met Justin. He was going to Roosevelt Field Mall for some sort of signing, and of course she was one of thee hundreds, possibly theousands, of young girls who showed up to see theeir idol. And what was her outfit of choice for theis once in a lifetime, most important day of her life, event? Her nicest bar mitzvah dress. The worst part about it? One, her Mom didn't let her wear thee dress, as she was only going to a crappy public mall, not Cinderella's Ball, and two, she didn't get to meet, or even see Justin, as he had to leave thee Mall because of overcrowding and pushing. A true example of how Bieber Fever can really bring you down.

Though going back to my point, basically, I'm bashing on Justin Bieber. I'm not doing theat at all. He is extremely talented and has a beautiful voice. He has, or had, a lot of potential. Though what I am definitely saying is, thee media and modern day music industry ruined what he could have been. Because of theem, his album, "My World 2.0", now blends in withe all thee rest. Sure its still a hit, but its still a hit because it blends. They love music theat blends. Its almost like thee idea of following a trend as opposed to being unique. They've trained Justin to theink inside of thee box ratheer thean out. And on top of theis all, theey've created theis out of control idea of him being like a god. It's almost revolutionary if you theink about it. It's like he's thee modern day transition stage between Disney princess movies and a girl's first kiss. Again, not saying Justin's bad. People do love him, just for thee wrong reasons. Ratheer thean channeling thee world, specifically thee youthe, towards theinking for theemselves, Justin and his new album, are yet anotheer way to shut down creativity. Just anotheer subliminal reminder preaching conformity.


The author's comments:
I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber. Here is why....enjoy :)