Doo-Wops and Hooligans by Bruno Mars | Teen Ink

Doo-Wops and Hooligans by Bruno Mars

By Sammi10 SILVER, Thornton, Colorado
Sammi10 SILVER, Thornton, Colorado

Bruno Mars’ new CD, Doo-Wops and Hooligans offers a combination of soulful jams and up-beat songs that will have you out of your seat and dancing. This CD is perfect entertainment for people of all ages and both genders. From the feminine perspective, every song will make your heart melt. If you are familiar with his two singles “Grenade” and “Just the Way You Are”, then you will know how part of this CD sounds. Half of this album is R&B while the other five songs are energetic including a single humorous song called, “The Lazy Song”.

Three other artists are featured in this CD. Bruno Mars partners up with Damian Marley in his soulful song, “Liquor Store Blues”. In his fast-paced tune, “The Other Side”, Cee Lo Green and B.O.B team up with Bruno Mars to create a song with a combination of pop-rock and hip-hop. Independently, Bruno Mars sings his other eight songs. In these songs, his talent is exhibited through his vocals and moving lyrics.

In this CD Bruno Mars can please his audience without having to use the overly popular auto tune voice alteration. His voice is graceful, yet strong and can grab hold of anyone’s heart as they listen to it. In his soft flowing song, “Talking to the Moon”, Bruno Mars showcases how powerful his voice is while setting a sad and gloomy mood. Each song in this album has a touching message and will leave you feeling inspired and energized.

I would highly recommend Bruno Mars’ CD Doo-Wops and Hooligans to anyone who is looking for a CD that will have them dancing and crying in the same hour. This CD has the perfect combination of up-beat songs and slow-paced, soulful jams that will leave you in awe. It is easy to see why this CD is up for seven Grammys this year. I would recommend anyone to go out and buy this unique CD.