Eminem – This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Rap artists around the world better watch out because Eminem is back! His last album, “Relapse,” was a huge disappointment, but after flushing the drugs from his system, Eminem has come out with one of his best albums yet, “Recovery.” It is full of great analogies and punch lines, the beats are breathtaking, and he gets other great artists to sing with him.

One reason “Recovery” is amazing is the anger and passion Eminem puts in his songs. That passion gets to you, making you begin to feel for him. “Recovery” is hands down the best rap album out right now.

My favorite is “No Love,” a rap version of “What Is Love” by Haddaway. Eminem raps along with Lil Wayne about tough love. The combination of these two works great; their voices blend beautifully, and I love how they organized each other's parts. I also like the chorus, which gives the song more meaning.

Another fan favorite is “Love the Way You Lie,” featuring Rihanna, who begins with a catchy chorus followed with a rap verse by Eminem. The beat is fantastic and portrays the emotion perfectly. The song is about the roller coaster relationship between Eminem and his wife. In the song he explains his love for his wife, but says that the more he loves her, the more he suffers. The best songs come from the heart and soul, and “Love the Way You Lie” is purely from the soul.

“Recovery” is definitely one to get. I guarantee you will be pleased.

Shadowpomgurl said...
Great review for a great album! <3<3 <3  and i love all his stuff, but yeah, he's gettin betta wit age!

lil_reeses1015 said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 9:08 am

when life gives u m&ms chuck em at ppl and say im not afraid

lil boo replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 9:11 am
haahhaha i agree+

mzshady said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:34 am
hes the perfect person! recovery is an awsome album i have alot of your songs on my ipod!

Joe Budden said...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:56 am
Singles are not the same thing as fan favorites. Recovery was better than Relapse but his lyrics took a huge step down.

xxxrEnxxx said...
This was a great album but not the best coming from him. I still prefer his old stuff (Encore being my favorite album) but he's deffinatly going in the right direction. Hopefully his next album will blow me away, and judging by his newly released (leaked?) song Difficult I don't think it'll be a disappointment :)

jaydawg127 said...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 11:59 am
i agree with yall that the album "recovery" is most defintly one to get.... another fan favorite is "going through changes" it really shows how eminem is really feeling about him gettin off the.... and tryin 2 put his life back together, and he is tryin 2 kinda explain his relationship with his daughter Hailie and so on..... this is a album you would want 2 buy :)