The Gates Mixed Plate by Tech N9ne | Teen Ink

The Gates Mixed Plate by Tech N9ne

October 14, 2010
By dee28 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
dee28 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Live, Laugh, Love


Recently Tech N9ne released a collabo CD with many fellow underground rappers. This CD is called "The Gates Mixed Plate" referring to a popular dish served at a local restaurant in his hometown of Kansas City, Missouri. The newly released album was released by Strange Music Label. Strange Music Label also includes people like Krizz Kaliko, , Makzilla, 816 Boys, Prozak and many others. The album is produced by multiple people including Karbon, EmayDee, Robert Rebeck, Demolishbeatz, and YoungFyre. All of the producers have led Tech N9ne to his successful career even though it had some "not so good" times. Tech N9ne is making a comeback with this 12th album that has sold 22,000 copies in two weeks. Knowing that his 39th birthday is around the corner he is trying to go big before it's too late.

The Gates Mixed Plate is different than any other album. This album has slower paced songs that are based on different things rather than the popular debate over him being a devil worshiper. Tech was tired of the negative attention and decided to prove the media wrong. The songs still aren't appropriate but they are no longer focused on the devil worshiper principle that was so controversial.

The song O.G. was a single that was released before the CD actually premiered in stores. This is the song that got me intrigued about the new collabo CD being released. It incorporates fast and slow paced songs with old school and new school beats into it. If you have been a Tech N9ne fan for a while this CD will keep you entertained. If you are a new fan of Tech N9ne I have no doubts that The Gates Mixed tape will be what keeps you listening to him, and for those who have no idea who Tech N9ne is, its a shame because his music is creative and and you will enjoy listening to it. Tech N9ne will soon be releasing another album and an EP (a CD with around 3-5 songs). The album will be with K.A.B.O.S.H called Amafrican Phsycho set to release October 19th, 2010.The EP is set to release sometime in 2011.