Stand by Me by Prince Royce | Teen Ink

Stand by Me by Prince Royce

October 14, 2010
By Karen Corchado BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Karen Corchado BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Prince Royce
“Stand by Me”


The dreamy Prince Royce is a wonderful Bachata singer. He has captivated the hearts of many girls through his sweet love songs. The latest album, Stand by Me, contains some of his best work.

In the beginning of the CD, he begins with the hit Stand by Me which is a very sweet song. Right away in the first verse he has you speechless. It reads, “When the night has come, and the land is dark, and the moon is the only light we’ll see, no I won’t be afraid, no I won’t be afraid just as long as you stand, stand by me.” All of this continues with another of his great songs called Corazon sin Cara, in In which he is telling a girl that their love will never end. The whole CD is about him falling in love and about the dream relationship, but in Mi Ultima Carta he let’s his feeling out by talking about how his wife left him. He can’t believe his relationship ended like that and now that he was writing her a last letter explaing things.

In the whole album he talks wonders of girls and gives them all the credit for good relationships until the song Rock the Pants. Here he talks about his jealous girlfriend that he has listened to and obeyed, but not any more. Here, he stand up for himself with the bold lyrics that read, “Watch me as my jeans sag low when I walk out the door, imma go be a man, cuz you forgot that I wear the pants, watch me get these girls on the floor get em asking for more imma go do my dance and she forgot that I rock the pants”.

Overall I enjoyed this CD and I am pretty sure everyone that likes cute love songs, or even if you only like Prince Royce will enjoy this CD too.