Black Eyed Peas by Black Eyed Peas | Teen Ink

Black Eyed Peas by Black Eyed Peas

By mayra24 BRONZE, Doral, Florida
mayra24 BRONZE, Doral, Florida

The Black Eyed Peas is a pop, rock band with some hip-hop flair. The band formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1995. In the band are Will.i.am, Apl.de.ap, Taboo, and Fergie. In 2002, Fergie joined the hip-hop group and since then, the Black Eyed Peas just kept improving. In 2003, the Black Eyed Peas' breakthrough album, Elephunk, was released. The first major hit was a song called "Where is the Love?" which reached number eight in the U.S. Hot 100s chart.

The Black Eyed Peas' most recent album is called The E.N.D. (Energy Never Dies). The E.N.D. was released on June 23, 2009. This album contains some of their hit songs such as "Boom Boom Pow," "I Gotta Feeling," and "Imma Be." Even though each of these songs has different rhythms, genres, and meanings, they all became crowd pleasers. "Boom Boom Pow" was the band's first number one song in America. This song, along with "Imma Be," has more hip-hop flair to it than the other hits from their album The E.N.D. "Imma Be" was the third single from the album to reach number one in the U.S. Another song from this album to reach number one in the U.S. was "I Gotta Feeling." This was the second song, from the album The E.N.D. to reach number one in the U.S. Personally, this is one of my favorite songs from this album. "I Gotta Feeling" is more of a pop song than hip-hop. Of course, the Black Eyed Peas usually always incorporate some hip-hop flair in all of their songs making it their signature sound.

I would definitely recommend the Black Eyed Peas to someone who has never really heard of them. For the most part, a large number of people are familiar with the Black Eyed Peas. Aside from some of their mild language, I would refer this band to others who like pop, rock music, or hip-hop. They do incorporate an electronic sound in their music as well, so I would probably mention this band to someone who likes electronic music. The Black Eyed Peas have really progressed since they began and I hope they keep on progressing in their career.