Thank Me Later by Drake | Teen Ink

Thank Me Later by Drake MAG

By Jy-rynn BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas
Jy-rynn BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."

Drizzy Drake Rogers, inarguably the hottest new rapper out there, has taken the hip-hop industry by storm with innumerable mix tapes and his latest studio album, “Thank Me Later.” This could be considered his first album because “So For Gone” was basically a mix tape stripped down to make an album.

Drake represents well for young artists with this album. It's very laid-back and clever – not something you want to party to like a rock star, but instead ride around with or just listen to when you want to chill. The standouts are easily “Find Your Love,” “Over,” and “Up All Night.”

“Miss Me” was over-hyped because when it came out, Lil Wayne was in jail, and when fans saw he was featured on it, everyone wanted to know what he had to say. Some songs I like include “Fireworks,” “Light Up,” “Shut It Down.” I'm warming up to “Unforgettable” and “Thank Me Now.”

Though Drake's album is very well produced and written, it has flaws. I don't care what anyone says, Drake can't sing! Just because you hit the note doesn't mean you can sing. After listening to Drake for a while he can get boring because he sounds monotone and there isn't a lot of energy or soul. But Drake gets better with time.

Overall, “Thank Me Later” is one of the few albums I would recommend.

Jy-rynn BRONZE said...
Jy-rynn BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

Just because alot of rappers are monotone, doesn't mean its good.  Its like alot of rappers use autotune, but that doesn't make them good By the way, im an artist myself so i know a thing are two about the rap game, so don't trip. Not even Eminem sings monotone, he's no Luther Vandross, but he does what he can.  Monotone is never amusing, its dry and boring

usmc3135 said...
on Sep. 28 2010 at 9:41 am
u need to tlk bout the album more instead of wat u think hoss u need to no the rap game and how it works to bein mono tone is a type of way to sing alot of rappers do it