This Is Henry | Teen Ink

This Is Henry

June 13, 2010
By Anonymous

I recently, out of boredom and as a favor to a friend, attended a local show; completely unexpectedly, I was truly thrilled with every penny and second spent on the occasion. While most bands that preformed that night were the usual sloppily thrown together group people often see at theses events, one band stood out above all others with not only extraordinary musical talent but also a truly exciting performance.

Born and raised in Georgia, This is Henry is one of the best bands the south has produced. Their music is the perfect blend of well written lyrics, catchy beats, and interesting composition. Their song type ranges from up beat songs like ‘Trust is My Game’ to acoustic pieces like ‘Winter Weekends.’ Their melodies are well composed and more than friendly to the ear and, with intro’s like the one found in ‘We are Forever’, their music is absolutely breathtaking.

While their music alone is enough to bring me out to every show, their concert is an experience entirely of its own. They don’t simply make music, they perform it. Stage left, the energetic and adorable guitarist is impossible to ignore. He’s called Branden Hubler and is my personal favorite. His excitement is no less than palpable as he makes it impossible for the crowd to enjoy their music any less than he does performing it. Center stage is Brandon Barker, the striking lead vocalist. He is the perfect front man with an attitude and level of charm that allows him to interact with the crowd on a very personal level. If you pay any amount of attention, it is very unlikely that one might resist falling in love with either his looks, his voice, or some strange combination of both. Last, but most certainly not least, and a little to the back is Jacob Causey, the ambrosial drummer. He pulls the band together with his well played drumming and excellent back up vocals. It is truly unrealistic to claim that any member of This Is Henry is not blessed with both the unnecessary luxury of good looks and usually absent but thankfully present gift of true talent.

The more thought I give the subject the more I realize that This Is Henry truly is an unobjectionable band. Their music is the soundtrack of every teen aged life and their performance is one to remember. Stick around for a while after the show and the chances that you will get to meet the members is great; more than that, the chances that you will be pleased with their personalities are even greater. This Is Henry is a full package band. They’re worth your money, they’re worth your time, and they’re one that I strongly suggest to any and everyone.


The author's comments:
This is the finished version, the first one was a rough draft. I like this one better.