Justin Bieber Concert Review This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

As if homemade T-shirts and radio contests weren't exciting enough, the ultra high-pitched screams of 20,000 at Milwaukee Summerfest meant Justin Bieber was within a five-mile radius.

Two hours before showtime, the stadium was a sea of neon shirts, signs, and body paint that read “Bieber Fever,” “Bieber's Baby,” “HUG ME!” and “One Less Lonely Girl.” The line for lawn seats had formed early in the morning, and the one for prepaid seats was almost as long! Finally it was a race to the best seats with one goal in mind: Will I get a good picture of Justin?

Then it was time for opening act number one, The Stunners. These five girls infused pop songs with Beyoncé-style dance moves. Their set added more energy to the already-screaming crowd. Next was Jessica Jarrell, a solo artist who recorded a song with Bieber. Her fun pop sound warmed up the crowd even more.

By 7:30 the audience was ready for Sean Kingston. His high energy, Jamaican-feeling set lasted for 45 minutes, and the screaming was only increasing as the heat rose. After every song, the crowd began to chant and cheer. It was like a mob was ready to go on stage and pull Justin out.

Finally, at 8:45 an intro played on the screens, the backdrop for the one and only Justin Bieber, who walked out with his swagger in tow. Strobe lights, smoke, and Bieber defined the set. Eight back-up dancers, a full band, and ultra-high-energy songs overpowered the earsplitting screams of fans. Ballads, duets with Kingston and Jarrell, and a capella songs by the back up dancers don't even begin to describe the show the 16-year-old put on.

With two large screens ­projecting YouTube videos ­during costume changes, a live video feed during songs, and images for the opening acts, this concert was the perfect combination of music and ­technology.

BieberFever20 said...
OMG!!! this sounds soooooo interesting! im going to a jb concert with my bff meggirl on dec.21 and it's gonna be so funn!!

Fluffycat said...
Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:45 am
Justin Beiber is cute, but he sings like a 5 year old girl!!! I know guys who can sing... LIKE GUYS!!! (and they're younger!) I also think he is too yong to be singing professionally. These comments are my opinon and I'm stickin to it!

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. If it's meant to be sarcastic, you should make the sarcasm a little less subtle. If not, then I don't like the article for other reasons. My dislike of Justin Bieber aside, if you are trying to prove that he is a good singer, you should try a little harder. The adjectives are very bland and the arguments are very weak. On the other hand, if you are trying to be sarcastic, then these literary devices are used properly in making fun of him. Whatever point ... (more »)

JoannaaSonn said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:13 am
Well 'healing_angel' i disagree with you.  Justin Bieber is HOT!, and had an amazing voice. You cant sing like that. Thank you and have a good day sir(:

JoannaaSonn replied...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:14 am
I mean HAS!

doglover said...
Sept. 2, 2010 at 10:39 am
This is a great review, you captured the whole scene of the concert. FIVE STARS!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 3:21 am
I don't think Bieber is all that great- His voice is terrible and he looks like a girl. i don't see what the fuss is about.  

jfiprgcf,vmbk;gf8 replied...
hes borring

Brokendownbutnotbrokenapart replied...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 11:06 am
I luv Justin Bieber! I went to his concert in portland and it was sooo good! This was a GREAT review! good job lol !!