God and Guns by Lynyrd Skynyrd | Teen Ink

God and Guns by Lynyrd Skynyrd

By zach jensen BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
zach jensen BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“Last night I heard this politician talking bout his brand new mission liked his plans but they came undone when he got around to god and guns.” This is the first verse in Lynyrd Skynyrd new song god and guns. God and Guns is Skynyrd’s newest album that came out last year. Being a big Lynyrd Skynyrd I had to go out and buy it I’m glad I did because it’s my favorite album. It’s a mix of songs, like it has sad songs but then he plays a different note, some of the songs contain rebellious lyrics towards politicians, which I like.
The song God and Guns is about politicians trying to take away people’s right to guns and religion. The lyrics say in the song that this country was built on God and Guns, and it’s true. The men and women came to America for religious freedom and to protect that freedom we had guns. Many people say guns kill, but guns don’t kill people do.
I think America would be a lot better if it didn’t have crooked people running it because there making America bad for us all. In God and Guns it talks about how you could leave your doors open before and now you have to have it locked all the time because of crazy people breaking in, and steeling stuff or even murdering them.
I hope that you check out the album because it’s great.