The Fame Monster by Lady GaGa | Teen Ink

The Fame Monster by Lady GaGa

May 25, 2010
By Anonymous

Lady GaGa never interested me. In fact, her breakout single “Just Dance” made me just want to stop listening to the trashy music that comes out these days. But then I watched her “Bad Romance” music video, and BOOM, I was hooked on her outrageous music that redefines pop junk. To me, her music is fuel to being unique. It makes me want to stand out in a crowd, and be a little kooky. Lady Gaga’s message is not only that, but that we should accept who we are.

Lady GaGa’s newest album titled “The Fame Monster” is given away in its title: a contemporary pop album that’s jam-packed with metaphors. The first time I listened to it, it was a bit of a let-down. The only song in it that really stood out was “Bad Romance.” But the more I listened to it, the better the songs got. Now listening to it is like having a dance party in my head.

From the melo-dramatic “Monster” to the Queen-esque “Speechless,” this mixture of songs has variety, something that pop-stars these days rarely provide. This album also includes the hit “Telephone” that features a fantastic vocal performance by Beyoncé. Either written or co-written by Lady GaGa a.k.a. Stefani Germanotta herself leaves me craving for more, with a total of only eight songs.

Lady GaGa’s blend of ear candy and sophistication works. I recommend “The Fame Monster” to teens who are self-conscious or afraid to be themselves.

With GaGa’s career in trouble with her ex-boyfriend suing her, I hope that she gets another shot at giving teens inspiration through music that makes you want to get up and dance! And best of all, the album puts the fun back in music.