The Prayer by Kid Cudi | Teen Ink

The Prayer by Kid Cudi

By ChrisW BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
ChrisW BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

“The Prayer” is one of the most popular songs on Kid Cudi’s original mixtape, “A Kid Named Cudi.” `This song can be downloaded free on the internet legally because it is from a mixtape. “A Kid Named Cudi,” was released by the New York City street wear company 10.Deep on July 17, 2008. The chorus in this song is taken directly from a popular children’s bedtime prayer.

“If I die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take”
This gives us insight on to why the song is called “The Prayer,” however it has more to do with his point in the song rather than just the chorus. Kid Cudi’s point in this song is that he doesn’t just want to be another famous rapper, but he wants to use his talent that god gave him for more than just making money. He doesn’t want people to remember him for his clothes or his cars but for the message he puts across in his music.

Kid Cudi is asking God for forgiveness for greediness he has shown in the past. He wants God to know that he has changed and makes his songs for him to spread his message. He is not worried that people will be critical of his song meaning because he knows God has made him talented enough to overcome these obstacles. Kid Cudi wants his listeners to open their eyes and understand that his songs come straight from his feelings because he is not afraid to express them.

This article reminds me why I love Kid Cudi since day1, even though his struggles effect his fans, we love him till the end. #Cudfam & #Cudlife