"Brand New Eyes" by Paramore | Teen Ink

"Brand New Eyes" by Paramore

May 19, 2010
By meagganbrooke8 BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina
meagganbrooke8 BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

So, I got the newest Paramore CD, “Brand New Eyes”, for Christmas and I haven’t been able to stop listening to it ever since! I absolutely love this CD. It’s a mix of great rock tunes with some awesome drum riffs, a few slower ballads with some beautiful guitar solos, and the lyrics are relatable and inspiring.

“Brand New Eyes” is the third album by this great American rock band. It was produced by Rob Cavollo of Fueled by Ramen Records and released in September of 2009. The title couldn’t be more perfect to describe the songs. The CD is like a revelation. With a pair of “brand new eyes” you see a lot of things that you missed before when your old eyes maybe didn’t see some things for what they really were, whether it was good or bad.
My favorite upbeat song on the CD is “Careful”. It’s got a great rock beat and a lot of drum and guitar. My favorite part is the second verse. “Open your eyes like I opened mine. It’s only the real world. A life you will never know. Shifting your wait to throw off the pain, well you can ignore it, but only for so long.” My favorite slower ballad is “The Only Exception”. It’s written to her lover, saying that she didn’t believe in love for a long time until she met him. So he’s “the only exception” to love. “When I was younger I saw my daddy cry and curse at the wind. He broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it. And my momma swore that she would never let herself forget. And that was the day that I promised I’d never sing of love if it does not exist. But, darlin’, you are the only exception…”
I definitely recommend this CD to everyone. Even if you don’t love rock music, I guarantee you can still relate to the lyrics and feel the songs. And if you like this CD, be sure to check the other CD’s by Paramore.