Fear and Love & A Silver Lining by We Shot The Moon | Teen Ink

Fear and Love & A Silver Lining by We Shot The Moon

By razzleberry GOLD, Roswell, Georgia
razzleberry GOLD, Roswell, Georgia

"There are four things that can never be recovered: a stone once it has been thrown, a word once it has been said, the time after it has been lost, and an occasion after it has gone."

This band has gone through a lot of changes to end up where they are. Bands broke up, members came and left, and numerous band names were brought up. Yet they went from four songs on Myspace to a world tour in little over a year. This story is inspirational to me. It gives more proof and reason to believe in the message many of their songs depict. We Shot The Moon’s inspirational songs are by far my favorite. Like the lyrics: “You gotta pull yourself back together. Give it one more shot, It's now or never. With the new day falling for you, You gotta believe.” (in “Sway Your Head”) these songs make you feel powerful and encouraged to take on whatever is standing in your way. And what could be more amazing than songs to make you feel invincible?

I'm always looking for ways to be inspired. And music is a great thing. Ever since my friend introduced me to We Shot The Moon, I've been hooked. And even more so when I really listened to the lyrics and found their meanings. These songs have gotten to the point where they mean a lot to me.