Baby ft. Ludacris by Justin Bieber | Teen Ink

Baby ft. Ludacris by Justin Bieber

Justin Biebers new single entitled "Baby," features famous rapper Ludacris and I really wish I had something good to say about this song, but I have to be honest, it kind of hurt to listen to it.

The song starts off with the verse "Oh whoa, Oh whoa, Oh whoa, You know you love me, I know you care, Just shout whenever, and I'll be there, You are my love, You are my heart, and we will never ever-ever be apart," which is no different from any other tween love song. Bieber didn't even write this song (look it up yourself on ASCAP), which automatically proves that he can't relate to his own music.
If the "artist" can't take the time to write his own songs, then why should we take the time to listen to it.
The chord progression sounds like it came right out of a 1950's jukebox, the kind of music that your grandpa might have listened to when he was your age, except with (what sounds like) a little girl singing with it.
This is the prime example of what is killing music today, the musicians who actually write their own music aren't getting discovered because it's too hard to get noticed with music that isn't like everything else. Simplicity is in, it will never fade away unless we do something about the fakes that tweens idolize.

on May. 19 2010 at 10:53 am
shelbywearsprada33 BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

I love you lol

I can't stand these little Bieber-crazed tweens they're ridiculous and most of the time they don't know what they're talking about.

on May. 15 2010 at 12:51 pm
magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

This is so true, I couldn't have said it better. Believe me, I have tried to say this to the obsessive Justin Bieber fans at my school, and I've found that if I don't want to die, it's better to stay far, far away. But this IS a very good article, I just wish someone would listen to intelligent common sense like this.

jb4eva said...
on May. 4 2010 at 8:05 pm

yes indeed, i am rather bright.  see? even you can't deny I'm really smart. :P rofl

it's pretty cool that you're publishing your own magazine, though. maybe i'll check it out sometime. :) I write stuff for my school's literary magazine. poems mostly. but we don't have a newspaper cause not a lot happens at my school that's worth writing about. 

on May. 4 2010 at 5:47 pm

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

I wrote the review for my school newspaper because MOXIE sent me his single to review then a month later I decided to post it on teenink. Woo.

I don't write my articles on here, I write them for the newspaper and post them on here after the issues are published.

I'm also publishing my own music magazine called MUZE. :)

jb4eva said...
on May. 4 2010 at 12:49 pm

haha. real funny. what are you, a comedian?

i got a question though: if you hate Justin and his music, why would you waste your valuable time writing an article about him on Teen Ink? Doesn't make much sense to me. Don't you have better things to do?

on May. 4 2010 at 12:02 pm

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

Good for you, wanna cookie?

lmao.

jb4eva said...
on May. 4 2010 at 10:39 am
by the way I still love Justin Bieber.  

jb4eva said...
on May. 4 2010 at 10:11 am
thank you.

on May. 3 2010 at 5:27 pm

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

Real music is music that is written and performed by the personer who wrote it. Instruments and vocals that aren't digitally altered.

jb4eva said...
on Apr. 29 2010 at 8:14 pm

fine... whatever you say.  it's YOUR opinion.  i was just saying what i think, and i happen to disagree. 

PS- define real music.

on Apr. 28 2010 at 11:08 am

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

I don't think anyone should call themselves musicians if they didn't write all of their songs. I'm into REAL music, not the crap that's out today.

jb4eva said...
on Apr. 27 2010 at 6:21 pm

well... I have to disagree, because I love Justin Bieber... but that's just me.  It's really cool that you were brave enough to say your opinion, though.I only know a handful of people who are brave enough to do that.

But actually, Justin DID write a song himself- it's called "U Smile".  He wrote it for his fans- it's pretty good I think.  And I think he has some others- I'm not sure.  I should check. Besides, not all singers write their own songs.  And it's possible to relate to something you didn't write.  That doesn't prove anything.  You're right though- they do have a lot of songs like that out there.  My favorite Justin Bieber songs are the less popular ones, like "That Should Be Me", "U Smile", "Down To Earth", and others.

Even though I disagree, I like how you gave arguments to support your point of view.  (Except when you said he sounds like a little girl- a lot of people are saying that lately, but I think it's because of all the digital stuff on the CDs.  Justin sounds AMAZING live, at concerts and stuff-and when Michael Jackson started his career his voice was even higher.

So... thanks for sharing your opinion. 

By the way, everyone here is NOT ignorant, thank you very much.  Just... defensive.

on Apr. 25 2010 at 8:46 pm

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

Also, It would be awesome if you could use correct grammar and spelling. :)

on Apr. 25 2010 at 8:45 pm

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

LOL

How about that First amendment? Freedom of Speech. Why is everyone on here so ignorant?

babygirl said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 8:31 pm
well i luv jb and dont think its rite wat ya saying bout him!!!!!!!!111