Baby ft. Ludacris by Justin Bieber

Justin Biebers new single entitled "Baby," features famous rapper Ludacris and I really wish I had something good to say about this song, but I have to be honest, it kind of hurt to listen to it.

The song starts off with the verse "Oh whoa, Oh whoa, Oh whoa, You know you love me, I know you care, Just shout whenever, and I'll be there, You are my love, You are my heart, and we will never ever-ever be apart," which is no different from any other tween love song. Bieber didn't even write this song (look it up yourself on ASCAP), which automatically proves that he can't relate to his own music.
If the "artist" can't take the time to write his own songs, then why should we take the time to listen to it.
The chord progression sounds like it came right out of a 1950's jukebox, the kind of music that your grandpa might have listened to when he was your age, except with (what sounds like) a little girl singing with it.
This is the prime example of what is killing music today, the musicians who actually write their own music aren't getting discovered because it's too hard to get noticed with music that isn't like everything else. Simplicity is in, it will never fade away unless we do something about the fakes that tweens idolize.

far.from.you. said...
It may be that i am a justin fan, but even if i wasnt i had to say this....who cares wether he wrote it or not? Think about you burtising out singing to your favorite song... you never cared if the person who sings it wrote it.. did you? exactly. Or imagine singing a heartfelt song by your favorite singer about the person you love, you didnt write those words but you most definetly mean them...right? So cut him some slack, hes a teenage boy and wether he writes it or not, he means it, and h... (more »)

shelbywearsprada33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 9, 2013 at 1:17 pm :
Are you kidding me? Who cares if he wrote his song? That is the most important thing in music, obviously you don't care about the integrity of the music you listen to. If you are an musician you must be able to write your own songs to become big because that is the talent behind it. Anyone can sing with auto tune (something i strongly disagree with) but not everyone can write lyrics or arrange music

sassylady said...
I actually agree his voice kind of changed eveything but if you think about it listen to the words they all make sense at the end . so yeah his vocals kind of make him sound like a girl but the words to the song all make sense in the end.

Duckie430This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 8:29 pm:
i completely agree. also, i'm glad that this is a REAL review, an opinion supported with evidence, unlike some of the other crap reviews posted on here...good job.

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15, 2010 at 12:51 pm:
This is so true, I couldn't have said it better. Believe me, I have tried to say this to the obsessive Justin Bieber fans at my school, and I've found that if I don't want to die, it's better to stay far, far away. But this IS a very good article, I just wish someone would listen to intelligent common sense like this.

May 19, 2010 at 10:53 am :

I love you lol

I can't stand these little Bieber-crazed tweens they're ridiculous and most of the time they don't know what they're talking about.

jb4eva replied...
May 31, 2010 at 9:09 pm :
ROFL!!! You know what's ironic? With me it's the other way around- my school is full of Bieber haters. And yet I learned the same thing- stay away from them if I don't want to die. But I think life would be a lot easier if people were just nice to each other, regardless of their taste in music. That's never going to happen, though... 

sassylady replied...
Dec. 29, 2010 at 7:41 pm :
I agree with you in all that why cant we all just get along :)

jb4eva said...
May 4, 2010 at 10:39 am:
by the way I still love Justin Bieber.  

May 4, 2010 at 12:02 pm :

Good for you, wanna cookie?

lmao.

jb4eva replied...
May 4, 2010 at 12:49 pm :

haha. real funny. what are you, a comedian?

i got a question though: if you hate Justin and his music, why would you waste your valuable time writing an article about him on Teen Ink? Doesn't make much sense to me. Don't you have better things to do?

May 4, 2010 at 5:47 pm :

I wrote the review for my school newspaper because MOXIE sent me his single to review then a month later I decided to post it on teenink. Woo.

I don't write my articles on here, I write them for the newspaper and post them on here after the issues are published.

I'm also publishing my own music magazine called MUZE. :)

jb4eva replied...
May 4, 2010 at 8:05 pm :

yes indeed, i am rather bright.  see? even you can't deny I'm really smart. :P rofl

it's pretty cool that you're publishing your own magazine, though. maybe i'll check it out sometime. :) I write stuff for my school's literary magazine. poems mostly. but we don't have a newspaper cause not a lot happens at my school that's worth writing about. 

jb4eva said...

well... I have to disagree, because I love Justin Bieber... but that's just me.  It's really cool that you were brave enough to say your opinion, though.I only know a handful of people who are brave enough to do that.

But actually, Justin DID write a song himself- it's called "U Smile".  He wrote it for his fans- it's pretty good I think.  And I think he has some others- I'm not sure.  I should check. Besides, not all singers write their own songs.  And it's po... (more »)

Apr. 28, 2010 at 11:08 am :
I don't think anyone should call themselves musicians if they didn't write all of their songs. I'm into REAL music, not the crap that's out today.

jb4eva replied...
Apr. 29, 2010 at 8:14 pm :

fine... whatever you say.  it's YOUR opinion.  i was just saying what i think, and i happen to disagree. 

PS- define real music.

May 3, 2010 at 5:27 pm :
Real music is music that is written and performed by the personer who wrote it. Instruments and vocals that aren't digitally altered.

jb4eva replied...
May 4, 2010 at 10:11 am :
thank you.

biebergirl1 replied...
May 22, 2010 at 8:45 pm :

ya but if you listen to justin bieber live its not digitaly altered and real music isnt always just writing your own songs because for examle i play the cello ok so im a musician but i dont have to compose the piece to play it some one who performs music is considered to be a musician

jb4eva replied...
May 23, 2010 at 8:12 pm :
THANK YOU Biebergirl1!!!! :)