Breaking Benjamin - "Dear Agony" | Teen Ink

Breaking Benjamin - "Dear Agony" MAG

By Robert Priefer BRONZE, Idyllwild, California
Robert Priefer BRONZE, Idyllwild, California

If you are a lover of solid ­guitar riffs blended with ­passionate lyrics sung in soft, yet powerful harmonies, you'll definitely enjoy hard rock sensation Breaking Benjamin's fourth album “Dear Agony.” A new musical realm is explored in this grandiose CD with songs like “Anthem of the ­Angels,” and the title track, “Dear Agony.”

The album begins with the hard-hitting “Fade Away” and maintains its melodic strength with the power chords and unique guitar that Breaking Benjamin is renowned for, as well as the heavy vocals of lead singer Benjamin Burnley.

The lyrics are filled with vivid imagery and emotion, ­delivered in a way that may cause goosebumps, especially in ballads like “Without You.” When compared to their first album, “Saturate,” the music may have lost some of its ­aggression, but not its beauty. Overall, this album is the group's best effort and without a doubt a musical masterpiece.

theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

My favorite of all of the albums. The just seem to have gotten consistenly better, too bad the band broke up, though. My favorite song here is easily Hopeless, the problem on the review is that it could use a little bit mor elaboration here.

Lemonpeel said...
on Apr. 20 2010 at 5:16 am
Lemonpeel, Singapore, Other
and Dance with the Devil!

on Apr. 11 2010 at 8:38 am
kylec000 BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio

Under the bludgeonings of chance / My head is bloody but unbowed...
I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul

William Ernest Henly, Invictus

I listen to Breaking Benjamin too. I think their music is awesome. I like Diary of Jane and I will not bow. Their songs are really powerful.