Breaking Benjamin - "Dear Agony" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

If you are a lover of solid ­guitar riffs blended with ­passionate lyrics sung in soft, yet powerful harmonies, you'll definitely enjoy hard rock sensation Breaking Benjamin's fourth album “Dear Agony.” A new musical realm is explored in this grandiose CD with songs like “Anthem of the ­Angels,” and the title track, “Dear Agony.”

The album begins with the hard-hitting “Fade Away” and maintains its melodic strength with the power chords and unique guitar that Breaking Benjamin is renowned for, as well as the heavy vocals of lead singer Benjamin Burnley.

The lyrics are filled with vivid imagery and emotion, ­delivered in a way that may cause goosebumps, especially in ballads like “Without You.” When compared to their first album, “Saturate,” the music may have lost some of its ­aggression, but not its beauty. Overall, this album is the group's best effort and without a doubt a musical masterpiece.

theheavymetalist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
My favorite of all of the albums. The just seem to have gotten consistenly better, too bad the band broke up, though. My favorite song here is easily Hopeless, the problem on the review is that it could use a little bit mor elaboration here.

kagc411 said...
Apr. 11, 2010 at 8:38 am
I listen to Breaking Benjamin too. I think their music is awesome. I like Diary of Jane and I will not bow. Their songs are really powerful.

LemonQuiche replied...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 5:16 am
and Dance with the Devil!