Hard Hat and a Hammer by Alan Jackson | Teen Ink

Hard Hat and a Hammer by Alan Jackson

By anna3701 BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
anna3701 BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Life is a climb but the view is great, Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Any fan of Alan Jackson would be able to tell this song before even the vocals start, it has Alan’s true blue country feel. As soon as the vocals start you cant mistake that smooth southern voice. As many know Alan speaks on real life topics in his songs, and this one is no different. At first listen it’s quite similar to Small Town Southern Man off Jackson previous release Good Time, the lyrics even portray a similar message “God Bless The Working Man”. The song praises the men (and women) who work hard to earn a living and who keep our country together, showing also that they are barely recognized for their work. It’s one of those songs that everyone should be able to appreciate, and is certainly soon to be an Alan Jackson classic. It’s not as upbeat as Chattahoochee but it’s a toe-tapper. Freight Train is Jackson’s 18th studio release and will be out in stores and online starting March 30. Itunes will have exclusive tracks each week counting down to the album, Hard Hat and A Hammer is out now, Every Now and Then will be available March 16 and Where I Belong will be available March 23, you can then use Itunes ‘complete your album’ feature to complete your album on the release date. Make sure you pick up your copy.