"Juno" Soundtrack This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Juno” is a comedy/drama about a smart, witty teen who gets pregnant with her classmate/best friend Paulie. Since its 2007 release, it has captured the hearts of movie-goers across the United States.

“Juno” is a warm and heartfelt film without being the least bit cheesy. Not only is this an amazing movie, but the soundtrack is one of the best I have ever heard. It is a compilation of indie-rock classics that music lovers will enjoy, including songs by Kimya Dawson, Cat Power, The Velvet Underground, Moldy Peaches, Antsy Pants, Sonic Youth, and many more. This album can be played from track one through 19 without disruption or the necessity to change a song. It’s that good.

Despite that fact that in the movie, Juno (Ellen Page) has a love for Iggy and The Stooges, Patti Smith, and The Runaways, most of the songs are mellow and acoustic, with sweet and harmonious vocals that will most certainly have the listener singing along.

The album also features “Anyone Else But You” as sung by Paulie (Michael Cera) and Juno at the end of the movie that is sure to be an instant classic among indie-rock lovers.

I highly recommend this album to anyone who likes indie rock, folk rock, or music in general. Some soundtracks are disappointing, I must admit, even those from some of my favorite movies. I have regretted purchasing a soundtrack in the past, but not this one. It is the wisest way to spend $9.99, and you won’t be disappointed.

callie15 said...
Great review. I love this soundtrack; each song is unique and catchy. My favorite song has to be "Anyone Else But You" by The Moldy Peaches. It's a classic in my mind :)

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jul. 10, 2009 at 9:47 pm:
awesome movie the girl juno reminds me of me cause she is all in your face lol

hockeychick said...
juno the movie is like the story of my life i loved it so the soundtrack was da bombdiggidy