New Moon Soundtrack by Various Artists | Teen Ink

New Moon Soundtrack by Various Artists

By kaycrackin94 BRONZE, Hemet, California
kaycrackin94 BRONZE, Hemet, California

The Twilight Saga: New Moon movie has released the much anticipated soundtrack. The album starts out with the early released, “Meet Me On the Equinox,” by Death Cab for Cutie. The track is a melancholy mid-tempo number with a catchy chorus. The songs on the album seem to be moodier than the previous album which complement the tone and emotions of the second book well. The artists on the album range from the very popular, The Killers to bands like Hurricane Bells who have yet to jump into the mainstream. A few of the songs such as “Roslyn” by Bon Iver & St. Vincent and “No Sound But The Wind” by Editors have a very eerie feel to them and can be pictured in scenes involving the ever terrifying Volturi.

The popular band Muse which has served as an inspiration to the author of the Twilight Saga, Stephanie Meyer is seen once again on this soundtrack with the song, “I Belong To You (New Moon Remix).” It is a mid-tempo, sort of psychedelic song with vocals that are typical Muse style, unique. The artist, Anya Marina
adds a surprise twist to the album with her slow yet delicate tune, “Satellite Heart.” This song contains sweet and uplifting vocals that add a little surprise to the very solemn tone of the album.

There were a few songs on the album that I felt were disappointing and monotonous. “Shooting The Moon” by OK Go didn’t quite fit into the style of the album and I felt it was sort of pointless. “Hearing Damage”
by Thom Yorke, lived up to it’s name and the screeching noises in the back round of the song actually did hurt my ears. But besides those two, all the other songs seem to fit well with the motif of the album. The final song which is an incredibly sweet piano piece entitled, “ New Moon (The Meadow)” by Alexandre Desplat wraps up the album with a happy ending much like the novel. So overall, The Twilight Saga: New Moon Soundtrack, is an eclectic, enjoyable album which can be seen in pretty much anyone’s collection because of it’s wide range of artists. Even if you are not a fan of the series I think you would enjoy this album and I advise you to check it out. If you are a die hard twihard like myself I am sure you will appreciate this album and be happy with how well it coincides with the range of emotions seen in the book and movie.

Greensorrow23, Phoenix, Arizona

"Pain is a delusion,"- Brave New World.

My favorite song on the album was "Slow Life" by Grizzly Bear. Thanks to the album, I recently been listening to 'Bear.

kaycrackin94 BRONZE, Hemet, California
yah they are both really good!

kaycrackin94 BRONZE, Hemet, California
oh really? well i guess everyone has different views :) thanks!

billydee22ny said...
billydee22ny, Middletown, Maryland
i love Shooting the Moon by OK Go. It's probably my favorite song on the album. But other than that I thought your review was pretty accurate. good job

on Feb. 10 2010 at 10:04 am
askdmdofpsdo GOLD, Beverley, Other
Personally, I like the Lykke Li song 'Possibility' and 'New Moon; The Meadow'.x