Whataya Want From Me by Adam Lambert | Teen Ink

Whataya Want From Me by Adam Lambert

By cpresident BRONZE, Hanoi, Other
cpresident BRONZE, Hanoi, Other

Here we go with Adam Lambert again. The gay icon of 2009, full of both a stunning talent and a scandalous personality. So even before you watch the music video, even before you hear the song, your brain starts asking once you hear the name Adam Lambert: 'so what's next?'

It turned out that 'Whataya Want From Me' is not too shocking. Tending to be rather pop-like and emotional, 'Whataya Want From Me' gives our Idol runner-up the opportunity to show his great vocal range and blow our minds away with the message in the song: 'Just don’t give up I’m workin’ it out/ Please don’t give in, I won’t let you down'. After hearing this pleading from Adam, we could easily sit back with an encouraged smile on our face or be driven to tears.

The music video, which focus on cold, dark color, provides us with quite an insightful view into Adam's personal life. In the music video, Adam is followed by a camera man, supposedly a paparazzi, into his apartment. There are also shots of Adam singing with his band throughout the video.

If you are someone who only listens to chart-toppers, I can tell you 'Whataya Want From Me' will not top the Billboard Chart, because it seems to be too gentle compared to the mainstream, dominated by artists like Lady Gaga and Jay-Z. Yet perhaps you deserve a break, so why don't come to try something more soothing, something that actually touches your soul?

I'm not a fan of Adam Lambert, though I've been following his journey. I just think this song is really nice, especially after all his notorious scandals.