Adam Lambert - "For Your Entertainment" | Teen Ink

Adam Lambert - "For Your Entertainment" MAG

January 13, 2010
By stripperheels GOLD, Thornton, Colorado
stripperheels GOLD, Thornton, Colorado
12 articles 6 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Everyone wants to be happy, no one wants to be in pain, but you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain.


I decided to check out Adam Lambert's debut album, “For Your Entertainment.” It premiered a few months ago, and I was one of the millions anxiously awaiting its arrival. And when the album finally debuted, it did not disappoint. It was a mixture of insane electro-pop, disco, rock, and powerful, emotional ballads, welcoming the arrival of a new rock god.

One of my favorites is “Whataya Want From Me?” written by Pink, even though you wouldn't think so by looking at the lyrics. The song is about someone who had a ­really bad past and is trying to recover from it. Even though the person doesn't have very high self-esteem, they will never let their significant other down. Adam nails the vocals and gives it so much emotion, the audience might feel like this song was written for them.

Another crowd favorite is “For Your Entertainment.” It's an upbeat electro-pop tune that makes you want to get up and dance. Some people think the lyrics are suggestive, but there is a bigger picture. It's about the relationship between the artist and the audience, a statement by Lambert as a performer, and how his fans feel about him. This is a very strong, emotional song, and it's no wonder it's a hit.

All 14 songs are amazing. The album is flawless, and every song has a different point and tune, so it kept me on my toes. Everyone should go out and buy the album – it's sure to have something for everyone. Lambert has made a huge splash in the music business, and I don't think anyone will be able to wait for his next album.