Adam Lambert - "For Your Entertainment" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I decided to check out Adam Lambert's debut album, “For Your Entertainment.” It premiered a few months ago, and I was one of the millions anxiously awaiting its arrival. And when the album finally debuted, it did not disappoint. It was a mixture of insane electro-pop, disco, rock, and powerful, emotional ballads, welcoming the arrival of a new rock god.

One of my favorites is “Whataya Want From Me?” written by Pink, even though you wouldn't think so by looking at the lyrics. The song is about someone who had a ­really bad past and is trying to recover from it. Even though the person doesn't have very high self-esteem, they will never let their significant other down. Adam nails the vocals and gives it so much emotion, the audience might feel like this song was written for them.

Another crowd favorite is “For Your Entertainment.” It's an upbeat electro-pop tune that makes you want to get up and dance. Some people think the lyrics are suggestive, but there is a bigger picture. It's about the relationship between the artist and the audience, a statement by Lambert as a performer, and how his fans feel about him. This is a very strong, emotional song, and it's no wonder it's a hit.

All 14 songs are amazing. The album is flawless, and every song has a different point and tune, so it kept me on my toes. Everyone should go out and buy the album – it's sure to have something for everyone. Lambert has made a huge splash in the music business, and I don't think anyone will be able to wait for his next album.

Amberlalafulz said...

OMG ITS ADAM LAMBERT!!!

\m/(>.<)\m/

rock on boyy!!

SamiLynn said...
I must admit, I have quite the obsession lately with Adam Lambert- but what's not to love? From what I can collect, he is very involved in the whole process of the album and the songs are catchy and meaningful. Plus I always love some controversy :). I went to his concert and it was colorful and amazing :D

PearlWhiteNight said...
I completely love this album too! the lyrics may not sound like P!nk to you (they totally do to me) but I think the music is exactly like her. I can totally picture her singing this song, you know?

dreamxentertain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I adore FYE! I really like Fever and Sure Fire Winners, but it's impossible to pick a favorite! I wish I was going to Glam Nation this summer but I have to do with online videos :)- is anybody here going/has gone?

xoFindYourOwnWonderlandox said...
I completly agree. Adam is amazing, always has been. :) love it.

Schnoodlebear said...
I think Adam Lambert is prettier than some girls!

Writer24 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This article was interesting for me because I've just started liking his music and I was interested to hear about his CD as a whole and I might consider buying it now.

archery10 replied...
I love the album!!! My favorite songs currently from it are Pick u up, and Sure fire winners! A must buy!!

Brian_Lambert said...
FYE is probably the best Album i have ever purchased in my life... i can't wait for another one!!!

callie15 replied...
You share his last name? Lucky you :)

riannagray said...
Your absolutely right, FYE is unbelievably good not a bad song on the entire CD. They are all fabulous! Adam can sing anything and sound incredible! Can't wait to see him on tour!

Ali15 said...
Mar. 3, 2010 at 11:40 am
Bravo! SO glad you appreciate him! FYE is a masterpiece. Just got back from Adam's Fantasy Springs Resort concert. Epic is the word many have used to describe the one-hour blend of rock, pop & accoustic brilliance. Adam's voice, charm, moves, and stage presence are electrifying and otherworldly. His connection with fans, a sweet love fest. Adam is off for the Trans-Pacific now. As I tell my husband and son, we're talking global domination!!! LOL. He's the right man for ou... (more »)

gracemary said...
I appreciate a young person's perspective. I think Adam is the best artist to come along in a long time. Beyond his amazing talent, he has so many other wonderful qualities. Thanks for your insight and great article!

sleepwalker5 said...
Great article, thank you! I want him to come to Colorado. I dream of seeing him live!! Btw, I just want to hear him on the radio. Come on people in Colorado let's get him some airplay!!!

Jlewis said...
Stripperheels..lol!! Love the name.
I picked up the CD and it's on constant replay. Fever and Soaked are my favorites. Fever & For Your Entertainment are excellent dance songs. I guess the lyrics of For Your Entertainment can be interrupted in many ways but I always find myself singing along

JetI said...
Have completely agree with your assessment. I also saw him live at Indio and he blew the roof off the place. If Adam is ever near your area, do whatever it takes to see him live, it was one of the best concerts I have ever been too. He is that good and it was a blast!!