Ke$ha - "Animal" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

With her upbeat pop sound, Ke$ha was bound to be a hit. Her single “TiK ToK” was released last summer and ­instantly became number one. The song broke records all over the world, so the standards for her new album “Animal” were very high. The 22-year-old got her start working with well-known rapper Flo Rida on the popular “Right Round.” Flo Rida now has a song on ­“Animal,” backed by Colorado ­natives Nat and Sean of the electric rap group 3OH!3.

This CD appeals mostly to young listeners with its electronic beat and raucously ­inappropriate lyrics. The intoxicating sound of “Take It Off” is mesmerizing with its techno background, much like the flirty track “Your Love Is My Drug.” Ke$ha shows her girly side with “Kiss 'n Tell,” a boisterous song poking fun at an unfaithful boyfriend.

The most intriguing tune, “Blah Blah Blah,” featuring 3OH!3, is a humorous look into the methods of male attraction.

Slower tracks make their appearance toward the end of the album. “Blind” is a song you could sulk to after a break-up, saying, “You'll miss me 'til the day you die,” and the revenge-seeking singer name-drops shamelessly in “Backstabber.”

Ending with the title track, “Animal,” the album goes out with a bang. The CD will keep you dancing. I highly recommend you take a walk on the wild side with “Animal.”

DownNDirtyCountryGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 19, 2011 at 10:12 am:
Ke$shas videos are to graphic for the younger audiences. Take the video for BLOW. She was rubbibg all down her self and that teaches kids what? That its ok to rub up  on them selves on T.V?

MoonGem said...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 4:32 am:
These songs all have great beats that just want to make you dance...but the lyrics OMG! I want to cover my ears every time she says things so disrespectful and dirty! Otherwise she has an awesome voice and if only her lyrics were clean....:)

BookOwl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 10:34 am:
I'm reallt not yrying to dis on Tik Tok, but if you really listen to the lyrics, you will be very surprised. I don't think they are very appropirate. Ke$ha sounds like she doesn't have much self-respect, and she is influencing girls from America to sing songs like hers or do things she does in songs. I'm not a fan of her, but the actually music is pretty good! :)

BookOwl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 10:36 am :
She IS a good singer. Its just the lyrics I'm not proud to listen to. :)

Diana101 replied...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 4:32 pm :

I totally agree!!!

Marie M. said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 3:16 pm:
All I have to say is "don't stop make it pop, dj turn my speakers up!" I absolutely love this song. With a song like this, the major concern is: does it sound good and make you want to dance? This song definately accomplishes its purpose. 

kittikat@aol.com said...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 3:46 pm:
mick jager is some old guy"and we kick em to the curb unless they look like mick jager!"

hal434934982 said...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 7:19 pm:
She is a horrible singer, her lyrics mean nothing, tik tok was inspired from a time when her and her friends got drunk and woke up naked

LovelyLaylah replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 9:11 pm :
To Hal434934982: If you don't like Ke$ha, don't read reviews on her. You don't have to bash her on this person's article. Your opinion is your opinion but you don't have to be mean just because you don't like the artist.
To the writer: This article is great. You're a really good writer and I hope you write some more!

kittikat@aol.com replied...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 3:48 pm :
dont be a hater not cool:******(

musiclover123 replied...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 10:56 am :
ohmygod just keep your comments to yourself its not cool esp for the writer!!
to the writer: i liked your article!ke$ha rocks!!

KoreyCooper10001 replied...
Jul. 30, 2010 at 9:59 pm :
I agree with everyone. It'd be nice if we all kept our not so nice comments to ourselves. It'd be very much apprectiated. She is talented, just a little wild that's all. (:

gurujufu This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 22, 2011 at 3:01 am :

I agree! She really is untalented. ): The music is fun, bouncy, (and sounds like it would be great in this fantastically written review!) but honestly her music is over processed and produced. Can you say Auto Tune?

Not trying to go the extent that some have gone, but she isn't that great of a singer.

I liked your article because you TOTALLY just played up her album so much. If I didn't know any better I'd go out and buy her record immediately, thank goodness I do. Well written ... (more »)

P-didio said...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 6:38 am:
I wonder if P-Diddy ever woke up feelin like Ke$ha! :)
Ke$ha is unique and fact; She Loves Taylor Swift! She says that she puts some of her own personal story into her songs. True dat! :) <3

I<3JustinBeiber replied...
Mar. 14, 2010 at 7:14 pm :
I love Ke$has songs! If you love Ke$has songs reply to this message!

musiclover123 replied...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 10:54 am :
me toooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Justingrl83 said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 8:16 pm:
OMG i love Ke$ha but her songs are like have HORRIBLE inapropret lyrict,,,, my mom is not verry happy with it, maybee she should come out with a song that is NOT inapropret... hint, hint

musicluvr16 replied...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 2:41 pm :
Well if you dont like her music and it is to mature for you then dont listen to her music.

I<3JustinBieber replied...
Mar. 14, 2010 at 7:17 pm :
Her lyrics are inappropriate! I dont think that you should listen to them if they are inappropriate though... She should come out with songs that arent inappropriate. I would buy so many of them if they werent.

Jun. 6, 2010 at 10:38 am :
Me 2 because she is a good singer, and the music is gr8. A song that isnt so innapropriate would get her some new fans, which is good 4 her. And, even if you don't want to listen to it, people blast TIK TOK across TV commercials and the radio, so its not like the choice is yours... just saying. :)