Kid Cudi by Kid Cudi | Teen Ink

Kid Cudi by Kid Cudi

By Martin Hernandez BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
Martin Hernandez BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio

Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi well known as “Kid Cudi” was born in Cleveland, Ohio on January 30, 1984. Growing up on the streets of Shaker Heights, as a teenager he attended Shaker Heights High School then transferred to Solon High School. His father, a Mexican-American, died of cancer when Cudi was twelve-years old. His mother, an African-American woman, had to raise him to do well in school and be successful. At age twenty, after dropping out of the University of Toledo, Kid Cudi moved to New York to pursue his music career. While he was located in New York he worked for famous clothing line “BAPE” which help him with the production of his first mix tape called “A KID NAMED CUDI”. Rated one of the best rookies of the year in the Hip-Hop culture, his mix tape proved that he will be someone to look up to in the incoming year.
After famous rapper “Kanye West” heard his mix tape he decided to sign him to G.O.O.D (Getting Out Our Dreams) recording studios, Kid Cudi made a big step in his career. Kid Cudi was featured in Kanye’s album “808’s & Heartbreak” in the song “Welcome to Heartbreak.” Cudi’s music is unique to me, focusing more on his life, I can relate to Kid Cudi in many ways. He talks about the struggles through his life, his high school problems, and been broken when his father died. I can relate to his music because I also had problems growing up and also loosing my mother when I was eight years-old. I listen to his music because I feel good knowing that there is someone that I can relate to. Cudi’s personality is said to be goofy like a little kid, which resembles to his name “KID CUDI”, which I can relate to also because I tend to be goofy myself.
Releasing two hit singles “Day-n-Nite” and “Make Her Say” has made Cudi a fast growing rapper in the hip-hop culture. Recently released anticipated album “Man on the Moon: The End of the Day” sold more than 100,000 copies in one week. Rank in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 charts. His album is compared as a little person taking a trip through his brain and the events of his life. Cudi has also been featured in the video game “Midnight Club: Los Angeles” with his track “Switching Lanes”. Also producing his own trailer to the most anticipated movie of the year “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” with his track “Sky Might Fall” in the background of the trailer. Cudi has also been featured with many great artists like: Jay-Z, Shakkira, Kanye West, Common, Big Sean, and Mr. Hudson. Cudi has all the qualities of a great music rookie.
Many Kid Cudi fans are questioning what Cudi’s plans are for the new year, still unknown, we as fans have to wait to what he has for us and support his career. As a fan of Kid Cudi I rate his album a 9.5 out of 10. Still I encourage you if you haven’t heard Kid Cudi to do so, and you will not be unsatisfied. So go out and buy his album and if you haven’t done so, support Kid Cudi in his music career to success.